ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Mazda Miata 1.8l VVT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I go about making my engine bay as clean as possible with the stock ECU and without causing a Check Engine Light? Any and all assistance with the VVT engine Specifically would be greatly appreciated.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design

·
R U ?
7,430 Posts
Super easy stuff to do:
delete windshield washer reservoir,
this intake Autoexe Ram Air Intake Kit For Mazda Miata MX5 NB | REV9 (rev9autosport.com)
smaller coolant reservoir.
change out that ugly random red spark plug wire with a black one and make sure it's secured and not just flopping around.
figure out why there are a bunch of random wires just hanging out and about. tidy them up or remove them, your choice.

below are my personal critiques on how to make your engine bay less dookie:

find another valve cover, intake manifold and send them off to get cleaned (or coated) so they don't look like something that came straight from the wrecker.
I would get a stock replacement radiator and fan setup because that mishimoto looks like ass. as do most other aftermarket "racing" radiators.
delete a/c,

is this what you were asking for?

edit1: it also looks like your hood prop stuff is rusty. fix that too. along with any other rusty stuff.

·
Registered
2001 Mazda Miata 1.8l VVT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super easy stuff to do:
delete windshield washer reservoir,
this intake Autoexe Ram Air Intake Kit For Mazda Miata MX5 NB | REV9 (rev9autosport.com)
smaller coolant reservoir.
change out that ugly random red spark plug wire with a black one and make sure it's secured and not just flopping around.
figure out why there are a bunch of random wires just hanging out and about. tidy them up or remove them, your choice.

below are my personal critiques on how to make your engine bay less dookie:

find another valve cover, intake manifold and send them off to get cleaned (or coated) so they don't look like something that came straight from the wrecker.
I would get a stock replacement radiator and fan setup because that mishimoto looks like ass. as do most other aftermarket "racing" radiators.
delete a/c,

is this what you were asking for?

edit1: it also looks like your hood prop stuff is rusty. fix that too. along with any other rusty stuff.
I appreciate the input. I happen to like my radiator but to each there own. Everything else I will definitely do although its gonna take me a bit as this is my daily driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts