ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the spirit of the lightweight Civic Type-R Club Racer....

I got the steelies w/azenis from forum member Topher (thanks bro!) and touched it up with some white krylon. The gold RBs are sitting in garage for now as I try to find some good track tires for it, I hate 13's sometimes. Plus those Sumitomos are too noisy for a stripped interior and I'll be saving gas by going back to stock tire dimensions. I'm planning on throwing some track-worthy tires on the steelies also. :D

·
Supporting Member
12,196 Posts
I think the reason cars like the CTR, NR-A, and Evo RS are available (in certain markets) with steel wheels is to cut down on the initial purchase price since any race team worth their salt is going to buy multiple sets of proper race wheels anyways. The steelies are just to roll the car in/out of the shop until race preparation is complete. That being said, I really do like the club racer feel of the steelies. It also imparts a certain vintage look as they remind of vintage style alloys like those from Rick Japan, Bridgestone, Dunlop and Campagnolo.

·
Registered
435 Posts
that looks sweet!

i was toying with the idea of some banded steelies to make em wide with some dishu!

·
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys!

Yeah, seeing that the rim size limits me as far as tires go, I'm thinking about going with Diamond Racing rims next, painted Championship white, of course.

This is just another one of my experiments, but I think I got it nailed, all Championship White with white Diamond rims. Yum.

But i still miss the acceleration of the 13's, hopefully, the IRTbs will make up for that. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.