ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spirit of the lightweight Civic Type-R Club Racer....

I got the steelies w/azenis from forum member Topher (thanks bro!) and touched it up with some white krylon. The gold RBs are sitting in garage for now as I try to find some good track tires for it, I hate 13's sometimes. Plus those Sumitomos are too noisy for a stripped interior and I'll be saving gas by going back to stock tire dimensions. I'm planning on throwing some track-worthy tires on the steelies also. :D

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
They look rather well on there for being steelies, nice looking car btw, when you paint it what are you doing, all white, all black, 2 tone??

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^All white, Championship White (Honda Type-R color). The panda was just an experiment, I like it, but it attracts too much unwanted attention in parking lots......and cops.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
your the one that bought tophers steelies with the older model azenis.....let me know if you ever decide to get rid of the azenis....

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think the reason cars like the CTR, NR-A, and Evo RS are available (in certain markets) with steel wheels is to cut down on the initial purchase price since any race team worth their salt is going to buy multiple sets of proper race wheels anyways. The steelies are just to roll the car in/out of the shop until race preparation is complete. That being said, I really do like the club racer feel of the steelies. It also imparts a certain vintage look as they remind of vintage style alloys like those from Rick Japan, Bridgestone, Dunlop and Campagnolo.

·
Registered
441 Posts
that looks sweet!

i was toying with the idea of some banded steelies to make em wide with some dishu!

·
Registered
369 Posts
that looks sweet!

i was toying with the idea of some banded steelies to make em wide with some dishu!
If you're looking for wide steelies, just go to VW Vortex. They are selling those all the time. It would probably be a lot easier than finding somebody to widen them for you.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys!

Yeah, seeing that the rim size limits me as far as tires go, I'm thinking about going with Diamond Racing rims next, painted Championship white, of course.

This is just another one of my experiments, but I think I got it nailed, all Championship White with white Diamond rims. Yum.

But i still miss the acceleration of the 13's, hopefully, the IRTbs will make up for that. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
i don't wanna burn topher........but, i remember needing to get rid of those junk steelies/crap tires hogging up my garage space. free to the first taker. gald they coul've looked like that when you put azenis on it.

oops, sorry topher. hehe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts