ClubRoadster.net banner

4281 - 4299 of 4299 Posts

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
Wait, what?!
Yeah wait, what? Aren't you in school now?
Yep! Probably (fairly certain) going National Guard this summer. Taking the ASVAB in about 2 weeks once I’m back from Colorado. I’m not going active duty so it’ll be reserves. I’ve been talking to my recruiter for the past two weeks and figuring out a solid plan.

Yes, I’m in school currently and will be for another 6 years give or take. 3 majors with a graduate program after the bachelors are finished. And I figured that I can do the Guard during my schooling, get mass amounts of training, get to serve, and they’ll pay for graduate school afterwards in the event I don’t get full scholarships.

So I’ll be finishing this spring semester doing 18 hours, go to Basic shortly after finals for 8.5 weeks, go to Russia for 5 weeks for a preplanned climbing trip, come back and do ATI training for 8 weeks, then airborne school for 3 weeks and sometime in between all of that, finish 2/3 weeks of private flying for my private license. So I’ll miss next fall semester, but I’ll be able to take summer classes to make up for it the following summer so I’m not too worried about time span.

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
So gun show today was smaller than expected, not that much to see or buy there. Did manage to find a very good condition USA Beretta 92FS that I was looking for for a pretty good deal. Almost pulled the trigger on a P320 M17 on GunBroker, but didn't in time. Oh whale. Maybe I'll order it for my birthday :)

Here's the 92FS, just finished up a cleaning and hopefully can go shoot it tomorrow.

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
Well my birthday is in two days and I saw a couple pistols that I've wanted on sale, so I treated myself and ordered them both. Should be able to pick them both up once I'm back in town :)

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
Nice looking Beretta!

Mine is a 92F (not 92FS), it's certainly been around the block. Mine is a factory mutt, American slide on an Italian frame!
Thanks! Got a chance to shoot it today and was really impressed. Was shooting sub inch groups at 15 yards with relative ease.

That sounds pretty interesting. How do you like the Italian mag release? Take a little getting used to I guess?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Yep! Probably (fairly certain) going National Guard this summer. Taking the ASVAB in about 2 weeks once I’m back from Colorado. I’m not going active duty so it’ll be reserves. I’ve been talking to my recruiter for the past two weeks and figuring out a solid plan.

Yes, I’m in school currently and will be for another 6 years give or take. 3 majors with a graduate program after the bachelors are finished. And I figured that I can do the Guard during my schooling, get mass amounts of training, get to serve, and they’ll pay for graduate school afterwards in the event I don’t get full scholarships.

So I’ll be finishing this spring semester doing 18 hours, go to Basic shortly after finals for 8.5 weeks, go to Russia for 5 weeks for a preplanned climbing trip, come back and do ATI training for 8 weeks, then airborne school for 3 weeks and sometime in between all of that, finish 2/3 weeks of private flying for my private license. So I’ll miss next fall semester, but I’ll be able to take summer classes to make up for it the following summer so I’m not too worried about time span.
Wild man. That's awesome. I wish the air force had a way to do cyber warfare in the reserves but it's not an option. Only way to get that training though.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Thanks! Got a chance to shoot it today and was really impressed. Was shooting sub inch groups at 15 yards with relative ease.

That sounds pretty interesting. How do you like the Italian mag release? Take a little getting used to I guess?
Italian mag release? Mine is near the trigger guard just like yours?

All 92F had frame mounted trigger guards. The last model to have the heel mounted magazine safeties was the 92S

·
Mufasa in Training
32,350 Posts

Your life sure is pretty planned out, eh?

Good luck!

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Best <$600 handgun in 9mm? Average sized hands. Not for EDC. No Glocks... lol

So far I'm looking at a Sig SP2022, P320, M&P Shield, H&K VP9

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,663 Posts
I don’t think the Shield fits in this discussion. It’s just a little single stack guy. Aren’t the rest all full size double stacks?

My $.02 is to go to a range where you can shoot a bunch before you buy it. Find what fits your hands and what you like then go do your research before buying it.

Why no Glock?

And my favorite pistol in my possession is still the Daewoo DP51. A special little triple action piece. Shoots smooth as butter.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,350 Posts
I've said it before: I never really liked the way the Glocks felt in my hand. Everything else about them is good (in my limited experience).

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,201 Posts

The ex-cops who taught the small arms class I took back in September all said the Sig P320 is a great gun. I asked how it compared to the P226 (that I have experienced) and they said there was no comparison. I know Sigs are expensive but they are worth the money.

I don’t think the Shield fits in this discussion. It’s just a little single stack guy. Aren’t the rest all full size double stacks?

My $.02 is to go to a range where you can shoot a bunch before you buy it. Find what fits your hands and what you like then go do your research before buying it.

Why no Glock?

And my favorite pistol in my possession is still the Daewoo DP51. A special little triple action piece. Shoots smooth as butter.
I've said it before: I never really liked the way the Glocks felt in my hand. Everything else about them is good (in my limited experience).

I've tried shooting Glocks, and I don't understand why they squared off the triggers. Something so integral to proper shooting that is supposed to be squeezed, and it is designed to dig into your finger? They also feel flimsy to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,597 Posts
I "finished" my AR22 build. I took it to the range today and it is a blast.

It's a Palmetto State Armory 22 upper, PSA lower with Magpul FDE furniture, Larue MBT-2S trigger, Strike Industries ambidextrous safety (I shoot rifles lefty), Strike Industries Improved dust cover, a little compensator that I forget the brand of, a quick detach end plate, a Better-Mag adapter to run S&W 15-22 mags with full LRBHO function, and topped with a BSA Sweet 22 scope with BDC turret mounted in UTG offset rings.

I'm not sure what else I would want for this at this point. I'll probably just shoot it a lot as is then see if I think anything else needs tweaked.

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
Wild man. That's awesome. I wish the air force had a way to do cyber warfare in the reserves but it's not an option. Only way to get that training though.
Yeah the training is really the main proponent for wanting to join. I just want to better myself and if I can serve my country at the same time, all the better.

Italian mag release? Mine is near the trigger guard just like yours?

All 92F had frame mounted trigger guards. The last model to have the heel mounted magazine safeties was the 92S
Gotcha, I wasn't clear if you had the S frame or not so wondered about the mag release. :icon_cheers:

Your life sure is pretty planned out, eh?

Good luck!
That's how it always starts out and then changes because life, you know. Like my intention was basic this summer, but now I've got a study abroad semester this fall, so basic will have to be either next spring, or summer again.

P320, CZ75 SP01, HK USP 9can be found around $600 is a fantastic gun, FN 509 or FNS-9

All are fantastic guns and couldn't go wrong with any.

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
I had mentioned that I ordered a couple guns for myself before my Colorado trip and 2 turned into 5 :littlepony:

Originally it was just the P320 M17 and P320 X-Five, then I got a good deal on a CW380 on Gunbroker and ordered that while I was away. Then after I picked up those from my FFL, I stopped by Buds Gun Shop and they were doing 10% off used guns, so I just had to buy something, right? Well, they had an FN 15 Military Collector M4 (as close to mil-spec as it gets) and also grabbed a Polish P-64 in great condition from the Radom Plant with matching serials.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hey look, shield content.

I like mine, feels good in my hand. Much more comfortable than a glock. The m&pc is basically the same size though, and the extra capacity is well worth it. I'd recommend it over the shield honestly.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Here's a few that I like playing with the most lately. Haven't pulled any out of the safe in a while now though, need go to back out and shoot some more. Lately I've had the itch to make another bolt action like that .300 win mag in the last picture. I made that one several years ago, and kinda want another like, but in 6.5.

I had this rifle that was chambered in .260, similar to a 6.5, but it wasn't one I built and I sold it a long time ago. One of the many that I regret giving up.

Especially since it would regularly print 5 rounds groups at 100 like this.

4281 - 4299 of 4299 Posts