ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
Believe it or not, The 5th Wave is good. The author really does a good job playing with the motif of paranoia. And while I'm not a fan of YA books, this one stands out. It's an alien scenario that isn't so much of "holy #&%$ alien blasters and proton rays" but instead just a means to an end to explore how fragile humanity can be psychologically.

As for the movie? Absolute garbage.
I'll have to look into that one

Whoa. I'll have to check that out.
Yeah it was a really good read. Short too. Only about 130 pages. Also, edited my post, but the last name is Bauby, not Bagby. If you're interested, I can send you my copy. :icon_cheers:

Also finished reading The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells today. Another quality read. Title sums it up, but it's the story of a man who turned himself invisible and subsequently went mad.

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
Finished reading Touching the Void by Joe Simpson and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to going down and being in the area first hand.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
And just now finished The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bagby. The book was incredible and is the story of a man who suffered a massive stroke that left him completely paralyzed minus the ability to move his left eye; that's how he mananged to write the story. Highly recommend.
I read this a couple months ago.

Absolutely incredible. Such a sad story.

I recently read a collection of David Foster Wallace's essays on tennis, "String Theory."

I loved it.

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
I read this a couple months ago.

Absolutely incredible. Such a sad story.

I recently read a collection of David Foster Wallace's essays on tennis, "String Theory."

I loved it.
I'll have to look into that. String theory is an extremely interesting concept. Even better that I'm a physics major.

Just finished reading Himalayan Quest looking at Ed Viesturs climbing the 14 8000ers.

Also, on a physics note, going through a few of Richard Feynman's books starting with The Pleasure of Finding Things Out.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'll have to look into that. String theory is an extremely interesting concept. Even better that I'm a physics major.

Just finished reading Himalayan Quest looking at Ed Viesturs climbing the 14 8000ers.

Also, on a physics note, going through a few of Richard Feynman's books starting with The Pleasure of Finding Things Out.
It is just about tennis, string as in the strings that make up the racket. I wholly recommend it, but it is not about that string theory.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts