ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus installed my Flyin Miata stage 1.2 clutch,
N I performed the Instalation properly, blead the clutch,
New clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder installed.
But the problem I'm having is when I drive the car I'm hearing a wearing noise tht sounds like it's comin from the trans.

Also when im driving the car goes thru all the gears 1-5th
but when I try reverse it works and Baks up, but it's incredibly
hard to take it out of gear (reverse), plz if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
370 Posts
First what does 'wearing' sound like? Like whirring? I'm not trying to be a ****, just trying to understand your situation. Second, try changing the trans fluid and bleed the clutch again just to be sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea kinda like a grinding/wearing/slight whining noise, fresh fluid n the trans,
All the gears work fine jus reverse it hard to take out of gear

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm... I had a similar noise myself coming from my clutch. Is your TO bearing properly lubed? My noise was coming from the TO bearing not lubed correctly. Also does the noise only occur in first and not the other gears?

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Rev it up to 6 or 7 thousand rpms and do a couple of clutch dumps to properly break it in...the nosie should go away and shifting will be easier.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Did you put any anti-sieze or high temp grease on the shift that the TOB slides on? Did you make sure the action of the clutch fork/TOB were smooth before putting the transmission back in? What is the engagement point of the pedal? Have you tried adjusting it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts