ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mrgreen: What's up fellas? Looks like I'm going the route of replacing my 92 Miata with a 1.6 ACT clutch street and a 1.6 Fidanza flywheel. My question is since the mechanic has the transmission opened up, is there any additional parts that I should go ahead and replace with the new clutch and flywheel?

Also, is there any adjustment to the ACT clutch or is it just plug and play? I noticed that there's a little clutch adjustment key. Is there any adjustment to a brand new ACT clutch? How often do I need to adjust the clutch using that key?

Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
the clutch and flywheel you get should come with everything really you need to replace, but my suggestion is to replace your rear main seal while the clutch is off. it's the only time its easy to get to and even if its good you know where you stand with a fresh one.

and clutch slave cyl, best time to do it to.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
replace the rubber cap on the back of the head
replace the engine rear main seal
replace the tranny front seal
replace the tranny rear seal
replace the upper and lower shift boots
replace the shifter bushings

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I noticed that there's a little clutch adjustment key. Is there any adjustment to a brand new ACT clutch? How often do I need to adjust the clutch using that key?
That's called a clutch alignment tool. It fits inside the splined hub of the clutch disc and is used to temporarily hold the clutch plate centered as the pressure plate is tightened down and clamps everything in place. There are two adjustments at the pedal assembly. One adjusts the pedal height and the other adjusts the engagement point. There are specs for both of these values although your clutch will still likely disengage very close to the floor even if you use all available adjuster travel. If your clutch pedal isn't adjusted properly you could have a situation where the throwout fork is constantly pressing the throw out bearing against the pressure plate causing premature bearing wear out.

http://www.mx5.net/garage/garageengine.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts