1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just $23 shipped through January 1st!
In stock!
Use coupon code : CRclutch

Perhaps not a traditional GB because we don't need a minimum sales qty to make the special retail price and we have them in stock. It is however, just for CR members and is for limited duration.

Fits 90-05 Miata
Fits 5 and 6 speed

Two options:
Standard length to replace OEM rubber line
Extended length to replace OEM rubber line and steel coil

About the extended line and why we developed it

The OEM steel coil is used by the factory to allow clutch hydraulics to be pre-bled and installed on tub. On assembly line, tub is lowered onto subframe with engine and trans already mounted. Coil allows technicians to orient slave cylinder and attach pipe bracket to bell housing without needing to bend or re-orient bracket/pipe/slave.

The coil, while making Mazda's job easier, makes it much more difficult to bleed the clutch hydraulics as one stroke of the pedal does not push enough fluid through to make a bubble circulate to the next loop in the coil. Unless you are using a pressure bleeder like the dealer and Mazda factory do, it's a PITA!

As a bonus with the OEM coil, the normal grit and fluid contamination that build up in the hydraulics after a few years, all settle in the bottom of those loops and never get flushed out. Yuck.

In addition to the ease of bleeding with the extended line, the pipe bracket on the bellhousing is one of the most difficult to reach components bolted to a Miata. When servicing the transmission or clutch, it will get in your way and be near impossible to get a wrench on. Delete it!

We also offer Exedy/Daikin (OEM) clutch slave cylinder at a great price.
We use Motul RBF600 on all of our cars

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
You would... I just paid for the JSC GB. You better beat them to the brake line gb!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You would... I just paid for the JSC GB. You better beat them to the brake line gb!
x2

I will be in the market for brake lines soonish though, so I'm certainly interested to see who has what to offer.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
I put the competition line in my wife's NB a couple months ago. I bought it from Emilio.

Quality piece, so easy to install. Bleeding it was easier too. I may buy one for my own car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Coupon code doesn't seem to work. Does it apply to both versions?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Hmm I know you're 100% entitled to do this but seems a bit odd that this pops up simultaneously with JSC's offer. I'll assume you weren't aware of that and all is just.

Great deal on this piece as well!

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I'm in on this one too!!! 949Racing FTW!!!!!

edit, just posted this on my local forum so the autoX guys can get it on this!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hmm I know you're 100% entitled to do this but seems a bit odd that this pops up simultaneously with JSC's offer. I'll assume you weren't aware of that and all is just.

Great deal on this piece as well!
Nothing odd about it. It's call competition. Something I'm kinda good at :)

949 Racing gets copied, plagiarized and duplicated all the time. I'm used to it.

I feel no remorse for aggressively competing with any vendor that copies one of our products. I run a business in the United States and as such, I am free to compete however I see fit.

Has anyone noticed that the only other Miata vendor offering the same product has been completely unable to answer even the most rudimentary technical questions about it? Why do you suppose that is?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts