ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't tell you all how excited I am to finally get this stuff installed. I've driven on a weak clutch for over 6 months and with the help of my tax return I was able to finally get the flywheel. I know this is basic stuff, but I figured I post this up anyway.

Exedy Clutch & Finazda Flywheel courtesy of eBay. Clutch Slave, magnetic drain plug, & boot courtesy of err...., I dunno some shop out of the Marketplace link on M.net. I will also have the front and rear seals replaced by the mechanic when he installs this stuff. I replaced the small and large shifter boots a month ago (no more hand warmer). Is there anything else I might be forgeting? I opted not to replace the Master Cylinder since it seems 50/50 for people replacing it and my 90 only has 117K miles on it. I can't wait to see how much of a difference the flywheel makes.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so the parts are installed now, but I was wondering. How long did you guys wait before you started driving more aggressive after a clutch/lightened flywheel install? On m.net most guy were saying 500 miles, but there were a few who said nothing less than 1000 miles for break in. Is there anyone who has some experience with the Exedy OE Spec clutch and Fidanza Flywheel. I've read that if I don't break the clutch in properly, I can start getting clutch shudder.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
i couldnt wait- i just put in my exedy clutch, pressure plate and racing beat flywheel and i waitied maybe 75 miles- i rev it up now all the time, theres no problems. however, i do not dump the clutch from a traffic light nor do i clutch kick. I also rev match (heel toe) every time i down shift "hard"

·
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a horrible thing to admit, but I still don't know how to heel-toe. I've bee ntold by a few autocrossing buddies that I need to adjust my pedals or buy newer ones because mine are kind far apart. Thanks for the replies fellas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts