ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked with a few people about some clutches but I want to hear your recommendation for drifting. I want a clutch that will last a decent amoun of time while the abuse that it takes from drifting. I am also looking for a lightweight flywheel +\- 8lbs to be in a package as well. Please don't be an ass replying ;)

someone told me act and another told me f1 stage 3 or fidanza So yeah a few different companies..... So that's why I want you guys' recommendation

·
Registered
716 Posts
I assume you're on stock power?

My 115000mi stock NB clutch can spin the tires into second, so it obviously still clamps well enough for the stock power load. You don't need some uber-clutch with a 600ft/lb holding ability. You simply wouldn't need it.

Buy a clutch for an MSM or a stage 1 clutch from ACT/FM/whoever.

Do you have an LSD? Your car wouln't drift too well with an open diff. How about an upgraded suspension? Blown stock shocks aren't going to keep the car planted through the corners, making initiating a slide tough. And the short wheel base makes for a tricky car to keep drifting, especially on stock power. Why people drift stock miatas is beyond me. :fp:

As for wanting a long lasting clutch..... Drifting is one of the best ways to ruin a clutch. Slipping/kicking/and general raping the clutch comes with the territory. The gearbox doesn't enjoy it much either.

If you want to drift, be okay with writing the car off. Drift cars get the **** kicked out of them, and welded diffs and other "budget" drifting mods make the car nearly impossible to resell. Body panels don't stand up to concrete barriers very well, and smacking curbs is a great way to ruin control arms and subframes.

Not trying to be negative, but that's just the way drifting is.

Ever thought about autocross? The miata is tailor made for it, unlike drifting, and you'll be MUCH easier on the car, not to mention improving useful driving skills.

Good luck with whatever road you take. :cool:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
01ls lsd-torsen, bilsteins with fm springs for track, racelands on dd. i learned my lesson with body damage ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts