ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay let me start out buy saying when i bought the car 3 months ago the preson i bought it from had a machanic at his house putting in a new cluth and then they replace the cluth master cylinder cause that was the problem not the cluth! They said that the cluth pedal just went to the floor and never came back up! Now three months later it is starting to do the same thing again! When the car is cold the cluth pedal gos to the floor and it takes a lot of pumping to get the pedal feel back. Now today the car sat for only 3 hours and there was no pedal and i could not put it in gear at all! ANY BODY HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT TO DO OR WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE!! Once again the cluth and the master cylinder is only three months old and installed by a mechanic! HELP HELP HELP

·
Registered
519 Posts
^ Yeah your clutch slave cylinder might be dead.

Mine was leaking very slowly until one day my clutch was feeling loose. Check if you have any fluid left in your reservoir. If it's near empty you could temporarily add more brake/clutch fluid, and it'll spring back to life.

It's an easy replacement near your passenger wheel well, only takes about 20 mins.

http://www.miata.net/garage/slavecyl.html

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ya man slave cylinder is more than likely the prob and it is a quick/easy fix. I had a similiar prob with mine and when I patched it, it made a world of difference.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Same thing happened in my FB, and it was the slave cylinder.

Do you get pedal pressure if you push the clutch in really fast, but no pressure if you push it in slow?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Also good way to tell is if you can "pump" the pressure back up. Sure sign that its the slave, I have a leaky slave as well... I'm putting of getting it fixed cause i have bigger fish to fry.

And this might sound really stupid... but make sure that the resevior (sp?) is topped off.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't have an answer but I have another question..

I used to see one drop of oil on the drive way when I parked miata for one week. Recently, I noticed it's getting worth, like two drops a week..I was thinking it might be the CAS seal which I replaced early this year, but I found out there's no leak under the CAS.

I finally got a chance to jack up the car..and attached pictures are what I got..It seems to me that the fluid leaked from the boot, I tried to move the boot abit and found out there are fulid around the inside of the boot. Also,
I checked the level in master cylinder and it's around lower limit. I haven't get a chance to buy a brake fuild to top it off. Do I need to rebuild the slave cylinder? or i need to get a new boot? or it's something even worse? Please advice!!

The car is a 93 with 95k miles when I bought it last July. I since put only 4500 miles. The previous owner doesn't have maintenance history..so I am not sure if the slave cylinder has been replaced before.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts