ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/01/26/racist-martin-luther-king-day-parties/?url=http://www.blackinthecity.net/news/education/racist-martin-luther-king-day-parties.html&frame=true

I watched some cnn today and came across this late breaking news. Where they interviewed a handful black people who were furious that these white people were making fun of "OUR" culture.......our culture.

Since when did having gold teeth and holding malt liquor become something worth defending. What in the hell is going on here, being thuggish (by nowadays standards) is not apart of what it takes to be black.If you are black and were offended by this aspect of this story then you are retarded, they are only making fun of the stereotype that we created. Don't you realize that the stereotype that we created is keeping "us" in the hood. I mean why would you want to embrace the hood culture? I mean college is free for your black ass...... utilize that **** and get the hell out. Who gives a goddamn if your peers criticize you for not being hood (which i was once told). And another thing......alot of us say we need reparations for slavery.............ugh, You know they gave us our reparations .......... its called free college (but you see the man is so smart he realized that he could hide our reparations in free schooling and we would never take him up on it because free school is definitely not "hood". and he can sit in his recliner guilt free and say "hey, i put it out there for them they just didn't take it." I mean a bachelors degree all the way through to a Ph.D., who needs that when you have crappy cars with spinning rims and massive "hood" cred. I mean damn spinning rims is baller son).

All i am saying is live beyond this stereotype and you will go far.....if not for yourself do it for your future and do it for me.....im tired of going places and have people being "hood" towards me because they think thats the only way i will talk to them (example: "whats up dog" "what it do" or use any other form of "hood" slang). How about we create another stereotype for our people one that involves us being well spoken,nice,trust worthy and law abiding........and if that doesn't work for us then maybe we dug our hole so deep we cannot escape it........ but we should at least try.

Now the real reason to be offended is that some of the people at these parties mocked Martin Luther King Jr. on his birthday. He was an amazing man who led black people to civil justice, in an era where civil justice for black people was laughable. In my opinion that was the only true injustice of this entire situation.

sorry for another rant but you know i love you.

cheers,
Anthony

·
2,708 Posts
I agree with you 100%. "Gangsta rap" isn't helping the cause either. That's why it's strictly 80's and early 90's hip hop for me now. Common's "I Used To Love Her", was dead-on.

I especially liked your "live beyond this stereotype" comment. Being bald, young-looking (33) and Asian in SoCal means I get lumped in with all the asian thugs and wanna-bes. It sucks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just being black here in louisiana drops me in the general stereotype

thank the lord i wasnt born here......otherwise id be screwed

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I totally agree with the above statement......

as a white guy... it's kind of hard to go on a tirade about those who further the stereotype.... without sounding like a bigot myself...

however.... if people made an effort to "live above the stereotype" as previously mentioned... perhaps it would diminish....

and HEY I love old school gangsta rap!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in all honesty i want to start a revolution

I really want equality for all races.

BUT

I want deserved equality not equality just because you are a human

·
Registered
203 Posts
in all honesty i want to start a revolution

I really want equality for all races.

BUT

I want deserved equality not equality just because you are a human

Hey, this guy is smart ^^ :D

At least SOMEBODY still has some sense in this country...

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Did you say college is free for black people? In which state is college free for blacks (or anyone else)? That's the first I have heard of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you say college is free for black people? In which state is college free for blacks (or anyone else)? That's the first I have heard of it.

Yeah, are you kidding me

haha

Its been free for us for a long time

Thats why im so damn angry.

You would figure by this time we would have all taken advantage of it by now.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
=D> .anthony and Airbrush

Honestly, I have several friends of a different race than I am who, at least when I've talked to them, have never talked with the "thuggish" decree to me. They joke around sometimes, but that's about it. I honestly don't pay attention most of the time to others, but sometimes it gets annoying with them sounding ignorant. :? Why would you want to sound like that if you wanted to be taken seriously?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude
when that show came out

I was like holy crap theres more people like me out there

I love that show
I think it should be a mandatory watch

·
Mufasa in Training
32,615 Posts
As a guy who's been told one too many times that he's "not Black enough" (we'll ignore the fact that my fiance's White...I'm surprised I don't get much flack for it :roll: ), I can DEFINITELY understand. Being articulate, educated, and resourceful just ain't worth what it used to be sometimes.

I should publish some of my rants one of these days. I think as I've gotten older, I've learned to ignore it more and more. The sad part is that I've come to trust non-Black folks more than Black folks because I just got tired of being treated like I was some lab curiousity that no one could figure out what to do with...

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
BoonDocks FTW!!! I have the entire season on DVD. Aaron McGruder put together an excellent comic / show. I also have several of his books when I did read on my last vacation away from work. =D>

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
.anthony,

You're a Cracka-ass Uncle Tom!

Just kidding. Really! I'm KIDDING!

You sir are intelligent and a credit to humanity. I wish more people. Not just blacks but all people had your attitude. We'd be a better world if that were so.

Regarding the college education, I can't comment on the free college for blacks but I can tell you my personal experience.

I never finished college and always regretted it. I started going to the local community college and while my first run at college straight out of H.S. was mediocre (2.5 GPA) I've maintained a 4.0 for three semesters this time around. Amazing what maturity and a desire can do for you.

Anyway, with my personal situation I figure I should be able to get some Federal Assistance. I know I've paid plenty of taxes in the last 19 years of employment. My wife is a H.S. Business teacher, I work part-time in the evenings and we have three children. Needless to say we don't make a lot of money but we're getting by.

I was denied any grants. Part of me as a white male wonders if my ethnicity and/or sex has anything to do with it.

[soapbox] Anyway, my advice for all you young punks is to STAY IN SCHOOL!!!! No matter how much it sucks, get a degree. Don't take a semester off to think about it because you will likely not go back.

Keep the partying to a minimum, do your best to keep your grades up and try to have an interest in the classes. Be respectful to your teachers because they deserve it! They certainly don't get paid enough to put up with attitudes and students that blow them off. In fact, thank your teachers for what they do give you and let them know they are appreciated.
[/soapbox]

·
Mufasa in Training
32,615 Posts

Yeah, are you kidding me

haha

Its been free for us for a long time
Honestly I've never heard of it. Which government program is paying for it? Or is this a NAACP initiative?
I'd say there's not one program per se, but there are a LOT of minority-based scholarships out there, as long as you're willing to participate. There are enough that one could nearly go to school for free.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
These are the kinds of off topic posts that are worth reading.

Intelligent, quality, well thought out discussions are certainly welcome here!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,615 Posts
FWIW, my friends (all White except for me) used to hold a Black History Month party wherein admission required one to bring a 40oz. Personally, I thought it was a hoot :lol:. Those sorts of things never really bother me...what bothers me is folks getting all up in arms defending the culture that neccessitates such mockery by taking itself WAAAAAAY too seriously.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.