ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After wanting a Miata for numerous years I found myself in a position to buy a second car, so in 2008 I finally bought a 1993 (originally a Black and Tan) and until recently I built it, however it wasn't the generation that I really wanted. So I finally decided that it was time to sell it so I could get a NB.

My old build thread: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=22783

My ex-wife:

I posted up a for sale thread and mentioned I would be willing to trade for a stock or lightly modified NB. Well after a short time, a CR user (ryanXstorey) and myself worked out a plan to trade my SC'd NA for his bone stock 00 NB. A few weeks later he made the trek to Western NY from Indianapolis IN.

After swapping license plates over and signing some paperwork I was the proud new owner of a 2000 NB and had a new friend in Indiana :naughty: :woolery:

(sorry for the terrible pics)

Sammich maker:

100% stock!

I am not sure exactly which way I will go power wise, however I know years down the road I would love to swap a LSX into it, but that is very far off. So I am guessing I will end up with a MS'd MP62 or a Begi shanghai kit w/MS.

After getting the car and it sitting in my garage for 2 hrs I decided the first thing I would have to do is swap over my 01+ black center console, leather e brake cover/grip and my Voodo shift knob.

After getting the interior squared away I ordered a Shark Attack II antenna to replace the big black dildo hanging off of the fender currently.

I also have a steering wheel hub on the way for a nardi/personal wheel.

Finally today I paid for my Tein Basis suspension (Thanks JSC for the great group buy!)

Next up will be a Harddog rollbar.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Congrats on the trade. If your nb is as well taken care of as your na, it will be sweet.

Where'd you find the antenna ?

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the trade. If your nb is as well taken care of as your na, it will be sweet.

Where'd you find the antenna ?
Georgee was right on the money.

Well hopefully I wont let everyone down......I am very stressed out between deciding to stance the car or do something more along the lines of performance oriented.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
coldside s/c

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
btw its not 100% stock, I took out the 4 foot retractable antenna. You would have hated that.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Georgee was right on the money.

Well hopefully I wont let everyone down......I am very stressed out between deciding to stance the car or do something more along the lines of performance oriented.
Why not do both ?

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not do both ?
I cant swing two different sets of wheels and still be able to modify it the way I want....between the baby and a mortgage and other grown up bills, oh and a wife I have a hard enough time hiding money :whistle: for mods. lol

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
607 Posts
no stance, plz that's not how we roll in ny

function > form

besides, our roads would require a stanced car to have a healthy supply of spare oil pans among other under body parts. Heck, it'd be a good idea for a mildly dropped car.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Look at my car. Getting ready to drop in a Turbo kit this weekend but I'm slammed on x10 wheels. Well, slammed for 17" wheels.

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no stance, plz that's not how we roll in ny

function > form

besides, our roads would require a stanced car to have a healthy supply of spare oil pans among other under body parts. Heck, it'd be a good idea for a mildly dropped car.
LOL you're in a whole other country down in the city. You guys should be a separate state!!

Our roads are terrible up here too where we get real snow/salt/sand etc.

My last miata had no issues being semi low, its all about knowing how to drive a lowered car. However I would like to stay away from having to pull my fenders on this car. A flat roll is fine with my eastwood, I just dont want to do more work than that.

I will probably settle on something in the 16x8 +20 range and get some spacers to bring it to +5 or 10. That would be a nice mix of both worlds I suppose. Unless I come across some ass cheap Rm's that I could slowly build.

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look at my car. Getting ready to drop in a Turbo kit this weekend but I'm slammed on x10 wheels. Well, slammed for 17" wheels.
Ive been silently watching your thread lol.....not to echo, but get some damn aero parts to match those wheels, once you do it will be magical! :fab:

·
Banned
607 Posts
LOL you're in a whole other country down in the city. You guys should be a separate state!!

Our roads are terrible up here too where we get real snow/salt/sand etc.

My last miata had no issues being semi low, its all about knowing how to drive a lowered car. However I would like to stay away from having to pull my fenders on this car. A flat roll is fine with my eastwood, I just dont want to do more work than that.

I will probably settle on something in the 16x8 +20 range and get some spacers to bring it to +5 or 10. That would be a nice mix of both worlds I suppose. Unless I come across some ass cheap Rm's that I could slowly build.
No amount of low car driving experience will save you from pot holes that bottom out most SUVs. Yes you should be able to spot em and avoid em, the more difficult ones to spot are the wavy mountain range newly paved roads we have in places. Impossible to spot at night time. Those mini mountain peaks will tear up your under body.

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No amount of low car driving experience will save you from pot holes that bottom out most SUVs. Yes you should be able to spot em and avoid em, the more difficult ones to spot are the wavy mountain range newly paved roads we have in places. Impossible to spot at night time. Those mini mountain peaks will tear up your under body.
I know. I hate driving in the city when works sends me out there. Thank god it doesnt happen frequently and its 4 hrs away from here.

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My suspension arrived yesterday.....however I wont find time to install that for awhile.

I also just ordered a set of Work Meister CR-01's in 15x8 et20 with the O disk (larger lip).

Yeah they wont be hella flush lol, but I think its a good compromise.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts