ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just got a Cobalt 3-Point Strut Bar off a person who parted with his Miata... But the bar does not clear the brake/clutch lines on the firewall. Upon further searching, I found out you are supposed to move them out of the way, and that such instructions came with the bar, but I didn't get the instructions despite the bar being new...

So, do any of you guys have the instructions for installing the Cobalt bar?

The bar is just the same as this one:

·
Supporting Member
1,146 Posts
I assume your car is left-hand drive, yes? If you have ABS, just bend the lines on the ABS unit ever so slightly and the bar will clear. As for the firewall, again, you just move the metal line going to the brake booster along with the ABS lines downward and the bar will fit. It looks hard but it is not that bad.

You don't really need an instruction manual, just some finesse and common sense.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Off topic, but who's red car is that? I really want braided nylon vacuum lines dammit.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
I have the RS Aizawa-Carbing triangulated race, which Moss ripped off for the Cobalt brace. When you bend the brake lines, make sure they fully clear the brace, otherwise, you might find them rubbing a bit, which isn't a great idea when it comes to brake pipes.

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys! I know it's pretty straight forward, but I'm not too keen on just bending the lines down. I wanted to make sure I'll be doing it right the first time!

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a huge lot Chris! The instructions are a lot more vague than I expected, and I don't even have a "backing plate" (guess I'll have to make myself one). But at least now I know how to do it! Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts