ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey cr.net!
I'm not trying to hellaflush my na or track it either, I'm just looking for. A nice low look!
I'm thinking about gettin coilover sleeves only $50 it's worth a shot! So does anyone have any pictures of their miata with coil over sleeves that would be great thanks

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
The ebay springs that come in the kits aren't worth a damn. You can run the sleeves but you'll need longer springs (eibach ers, hypercoil, swift..) and paired with a Koni, Bilstein, Illumina etc..

Read:
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=289656

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
by the time and money you spend on making that setup right. I would have had some Rokors or racelands installed and done with less money and effort. I have racelands on my car and don't care what people say, they ride better tan stock if you don't slam the crap out of them. Hell, I even autox last weekend and they were not that bad! Sure they are not good for some serious racer, but they are good enough for the poor enthusiast.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
No reason to insult people. Most people out there don't care to shell over 1k for coilovers. The OP doesn't care for performance on the track, just something to get a bit lower stance for his car.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm pretty damn happy with my rokkors. All I wanted was low and low was what I got with a decent ride for daily driving, even at the slammed height.

·
Registered
87 Posts
you want the slammed look? here's an option. go buy some stock used springs or find some for free. cut them and put them on. then, when u want to drive normally again, put on your uncut springs. when u have enough money, buy koni yellows or bilsteins shocks w eibach springs. then when u have even more money, ground control sleeves, upgrade top hat, new bushings swaybar, rollbar n all that good stuff.

·
Registered
497 Posts
you want the slammed look? here's an option. go buy some stock used springs or find some for free. cut them and put them on. then, when u want to drive normally again, put on your uncut springs. when u have enough money, buy koni yellows or bilsteins shocks w eibach springs. then when u have even more money, ground control sleeves, upgrade top hat, new bushings swaybar, rollbar n all that good stuff.
This. When it's all said and done, you'll have a setup MUCH better than Racelands/Rokkors.

·
Registered
716 Posts
No reason to insult people. Most people out there don't care to shell over 1k for coilovers. The OP doesn't care for performance on the track, just something to get a bit lower stance for his car.
Im not saying to spend 1k on shocks (which isn't really a lot, BTW), I'm enjoying the idea of rokkers being an "investment". They're pepboys specials thrown into a shell, and painted pretty colors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@OP I've acutally considered going down that route of buying sleeves but I might as well just save a bit more money and just get Rokkors, just because of what others say, we can get all the stuff to make it right but we could have essentially just bought Rokkors from the beginning.

·
Registered
98 Posts
rokkors raceland it doesn't matter they do the job just sold my racelands last night and upgrades to kyb agx with tein springs handles alot better but height pisses me off but the racelands did the job for a year and a half never had a problem rode fins just don't dump it

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
I'm enjoying the idea of rokkers being an "investment".
Thats exactly what they are. A nice investment. With the rise of prices every year, you won't lose any money when it comes to selling them for new coilovers. I bought some for my NA for $240 shipped and now look at the prices of Raceland/Rokkor. I could make a profit or just break even selling my 2 year old coilovers. :haiguyths:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Get some OBX coilover sleeves, they are pretty good for the money. Get some bilstein and isc rear tophats and you got yourself a pretty decent set up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Where are you located? I'm about to offload my Racelands and would let them go fairly cheaply. Not really sure I wanna ship them cross country though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm planning on going with bilstein sports with the ground control sleeves. It seems like the sleeves on those are longer than the ones that are found on ebay. Now i just need to find a used set of the shocks to get them revalved :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts