ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
What dust cover? Do you mean the rubber boot that protects the shock shaft and seals from dirt? If that isn't already torn to shreds it should just slide right off. If your adjustable coilover sleeves don't get you low enough then your best option would be to have a machine shop cut new snap ring grooves so that the coilover sleeve rests lower on the shock.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It would help to let us know what shocks you have. On AGX`s the little metal clip for the dust boot can be knocked off pretty easilly.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
It would help to let us know what shocks you have. On AGX`s the little metal clip for the dust boot can be knocked off pretty easilly.
He said stock struts.

Beware of putting on those coil over sleeves on stock struts, our very own KINODer has his rear struts internally blown from the super high spring rates of ebay coils.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea they are the ebay coils on my stock struts, i think im just gunna wait and get some AGXs because i dont wanna chop my struts that i have now(stock), plus i dont think they are stiff enough

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
ugh too early in d morning didnt read thru it...
plus they won`t go that low with agx`s either, limiting factor is the spring perch....go bilstiens instead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts