ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:(

Now what?

Edit: Why do I always put things in the wrong forum? Someone move this.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Same happened to my old 1.6; not melted, its actually burnt. You canuse a dremel etc to clean up the contacts, and use it a bit more. New ignition pack is needed. In my case, it was caused by lousy NGK blue plug leads, riding up off the coil pack.They're a poor fit here.

I think, bizarrely, it was the same part that went on mine, as yours. Fitted a used one for 30 nicker, job done.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same happened to my old 1.6; not melted, its actually burnt. You canuse a dremel etc to clean up the contacts, and use it a bit more. New ignition pack is needed. In my case, it was caused by lousy NGK blue plug leads, riding up off the coil pack.They're a poor fit here.

I think, bizarrely, it was the same part that went on mine, as yours. Fitted a used one for 30 nicker, job done.

That is exactly what happened to me! The plug kept backing its self off the coil and the spark melted the tip. No more NGK crap for me!

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
And on my 1.8, Racing Beat Ultras did nearly the same thing; burnt the metal, so I had to buy a new coil pack for that as well.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
489 Posts
Arcing= no bueno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts