ClubRoadster.net banner

421 - 440 of 482 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Why are you putting a fwd engine in a rwd car?
Because there's no better use of money than throwing it at a bad platform.

What's going on here?
Wanna sell the fm turbo back set up?
All gone, sorry dude! The only turbo parts I have left are a FM heatshield and EBC solenoid. Never again.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
I forgot your car is red.
Me too. If anything I'm doing a great job of parts hoarding right now. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern while some local engine possibilities shake out.

Boundary Engineering oil pump came in the other day. Not terribly excited to install this but it must be done.

Oh right, and I pulled a motor (with much help from Adam777 and 08_ms3_gt). Weird to see it go, having been in the car for the past eight years, but it is progress.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Some really nice goodies going into your vvt, sir!

I will be very interested in following the results of your 264 Maruha's. I dropped in the 252/256 Tomei's.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Some really nice goodies going into your vvt, sir!

I will be very interested in following the results of your 264 Maruha's. I dropped in the 252/256 Tomei's.
Likewise dude. I wonder how it'll compare to your car as whatevr headwork I get done will be comparatively minor. Current plan is just boltons + swap from DIYPNP>MS3Basic to get the thing on the road, followed by throwing the cams into a spare head and minor refurb work. Final stage is Jenveys or 949 IM. At the least, I'll get the cams in this year. Super stoked to get this thing back on the road again!

Boundary pump and new oil pan in thanks to some help(Taco Bell) from Adam777

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #433

Protip: Don't open up the VVT actuator when trying to get the intake cam gear assembly off. Squaretop and new water pump on. 99/00 fuel rail + 1.6 FPR on as well. All front end gaskets/seals have been replaced.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
Hey do you still need a 1.6 injector harness? I can look in the morning.
Thanks dude! I am good for now, I cut the injector harness where it goes to the rear CLT sensor and regretted it, but now it turns out I need to lengthen that wire anyway, so no harm done.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #436

Couple more things happened. MSbasic to replace my DIYPNP to add VVT & flex fuel control! Also a Singular Motorsports ECU bracket, thanks to Adam777 for letting me know that these things exist. No more ECU wrapped in bubble wrap crammed under the stock footplate! One more OCD item off the list. The motor is all buttoned up and all the required wiring is ready to be done, now it just needs to get put in. Hoping this weekend will be it.

Current goal is hit 150whp with boltons and E85.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
How much did you end up shaving the head? You should comfortably hit 160whp on pump gas with your specs on the previous page assuming you're getting a small bump in CR from the head.

You'll love the cams! They've got a nice tone on the BP with some extra compression.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
No shave yet, no cams. Going to get all that done later this summer once everything is set up. 150 is a but optimistic with just bolt ons and EMS, but I think with E85 I have a chance.

Super stoked to hear the difference with the cams. Did you clearance your head when you shaved? I have found absolutely no data regarding VVT intake cam phasing and valve clearance when it comes to shaving the bead.

·
The colder Adam
2,197 Posts
Neal's car made 155 before it had anything beyond what you've done to yours AND is still on the shitty Hydra, so I think 150 will be very easy as it sits now, I think. I bet you'll be close to 160 on corn. Speaking of, perhaps we should get another dyno day soon like we did a while back. I'd like to see what I put down and I am sure you'd love to be able to rub it in that your stock VVT motor makes more power than my supercharged 1.6...

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
No shave yet, no cams. Going to get all that done later this summer once everything is set up. 150 is a but optimistic with just bolt ons and EMS, but I think with E85 I have a chance.

Super stoked to hear the difference with the cams. Did you clearance your head when you shaved? I have found absolutely no data regarding VVT intake cam phasing and valve clearance when it comes to shaving the bead.
The 252/256 duration 10.0 and 10.8 lift Tomeis didn't require any clearancing. As far as their power band goes.. they had a small tq dip at 3500 but a large HP spike 3500-4000 that stays on boil up to 7500 and then remained flat to 8000rpm. I'd say you better plan to rev the dog **** out of those 272's to make 'em worthwhile. ;)

421 - 440 of 482 Posts