ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

2016 MX-5 Club Ceramic Metallic Manual

The plan with this build given the fact it's my daily driver is my version of the ultimate street Miata. My approach to modifications are form & function. The ethos of my choices center around keeping the design clean and avoiding anything that will detract from daily drive-ability.

Interior Mods:
BRIDE STRADIA II REIMS Edition
- BRIDE ND Specific seat rails
Redline Leather Center Console
Mishimoto Shift Knob
Factory Navigation

Exterior Mods
OEM Mazdaspeed Side Skirts
DG Motorsports Hardtop
- CarbonMiata Headliner
CarbonMiata TRD Spoiler
CarbonMiata Spyder Grille
Front Plate Relocation Bracket
Moss Stubby Antenna
Clear Sidemarkers
Tinted (film) DRL's

Handling Mods:
WORK Meister S1R (17x8 +30)
- Powder coated Funco Yellow
- Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 (225/45)
Progress Lowering Springs
RoadsterSport Sway Bars (F&R)
Delrin Door Bushings

Performance Mods:
RoadsterSport SuperStreet Exhaust
MiataRoadster Short Shifter (Pre-Production)

Projects:
CB3 Fab Removable Fastback

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Berrrrry nice!! Let me know when you want some Garage Vary or Volks for it!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Driving impressions so far: I've never driven an NC, so I can't really compare it to that, but it does feel a lot like my NB as far as stiffness and power steering feel. It has similar driving characteristics, except a good bit peppier and it goes around corners with ease. The interior is a major improvement with soft materials and comfortable and well bolstered seats. It definitely feels like a car worth it's price.

Compared to my Fiesta ST that I traded in for it, it has a much much better fit and finish, much more comfortable, quicker off the line, and even though it's not as fast in a straight line, it feels light when cornering as opposed to the Fiesta, which felt like a pig. It even has a smoother ride quality.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did a few more updates:

Switched out the shorty antenna for A stubby from Moss. Much better reception and matches the lines better.

Also got a Voodoo shift knob to match the bezel around the gate. At first I was worried because it's quite a bit lighter than the stock knob, but in hand it feels excellent and the throws are now shorter.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts