ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Constantly Spooling
1,137 Posts
Small update. Leather interior bits came in:
Keeping with the OEM+ I wanted to cover the hard plastics that are the center console. The install was fairly straightforward. I used spray adhesive and slowly pulled and massaged the leather into place.

Back together:
The leather is much nicer to the touch than the plastic was. I have a plan to replace the pleather shift and e-brake boots as well, but that will be part of a more involved makeover interior plan I have for the future.
**** looks good

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
There are parts of me that wishes I'd have let The Tick go and somehow chloroformed my wife long enough to sign the papers on a new ND. Threads like this feed that :lol:

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
I stopped by Madtree Brewing while I was there. If by chance I'm back in that area at some point, I'll need to go to more breweries.
There's a little craft beer/bourbon joint about 10min from my house that has a lot of the local flavor on its menu, FWIW :)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Made a slight change this weekend. I was was getting tired of the Mishimoto shift knob for 2 reasons. First, i's not hitting three digit temperatures and the metal finish is not so friendly, second i usually push from the top edge going from 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th, and downshifting, which isn't the most comfortable with that knob. I aslo wanted to go for something a bit more OEM+.

One of my complaints about the ND from factory is the shift knob is oddly shaped, so I wanted something more similar to the NA/NB knobs. After looking at how light they were I ended up going with a Blox knob:

Pros: Heavy, comfortable, cheap
Cons: Wrong gate pattern, wrong color, metal finish

Solution: Plastidip

I lined it up later with the provided alignment nut. It feels much better shape-wise in hand. The plasti-dip is also causing it to stick to my skin a bit, but I'm hoping that'll go away with time. If all else fails I'll finally spend the money for a Raceseng knob.

Work has also been progressing on the fastback, you can check that out here.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Update:

After burning through the rest of my tires I sent the Works off to be refinished. They
are not going to please everyone, but I love them:

Wrapped them in some Fireston Firehawk Indy 500's:

Mounted:

Those who have been following since the beginning probably could have seen this choice coming.

In other news, if you haven't been following my IG or M.net thread, the hardtop is coming along swimmingly. Here is the latest before I pulled it off in preparation to send it to my work's shop to do some work on it:

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
This build makes me regret not just giving up on The Tick and moving up-market.

EDIT: Realized I just said that three months ago :oops:

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
The wheels don't please me but if they did it would be awkward.:haiguyths::smile1: Looking forward to hardtop progress.:hello kitty:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Time for an update. Mow this might be something that some might give me flack for. I blacked out my Bride seats (gasp). WHY?!? you might be asking. two reasons. 1. The red doesn't math my interior, or my plans for the interior, 2. They were used when I bought them and quite faded.
For Example:
I went with the SEM fabric paint for the job.
Masked:
Painted:
As you can see, there was still some red showing, so a fabric marker was in order:
https://i.imgur.com/QiVtIRf.jpg

There is still a bit of red showing through in spots, but they look much nicer overall. I do plan to eventually get them reupholstered, but for the time being, this will help elongate the life of the existing fabric while I get some other projects done.

Work has also been progressing on the hardtop. You can click the link in my signature for updates on that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I actually like how these turned out. They may need another pass with the dye, but I prefer the more discreet all black look.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts