ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a newb question for you guys.
So here I am rolling around on the almighty 15x8 +0 offset wheels and I would say Im pretty slammed (mod slammed as some might say) but the ride quality is kinda bumpy as hell. Now, Im not expecting to be riding around on cloud 9 by any means, but is there anyway to get the ride a little more comfy, while minimizing the occurence of bottoming out? Im on Tein Flex coilovers and the rears are pretty much lowered to the max and the fronts are are few threads away from the same. Dampening is somewhere in the middle. When I had first lowered the car, everything was kosher. But after a few hundred miles of driving around, it seems to have gotten stiffer (suspension settling in?). Would changing the spring rate be a start? Just looking for suggestions from those with experience.

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
The simple answer here is no. If you want comfy, you shouldn't have a. bought a Miata and b. slammed it......lol. Should have gone with a Maybach or a Mercedes Geldawagen :p

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, I know, the topic sounds like an oxymoron, but just looking for tips on how to possibly improve the ride quality...car is an NB btw

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
When slammed

less dampening/lower springrates = more bottoming out/more "comfy"
more dampening/higher springrates = less bottoming out/less "comfy"

Take your pick.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The simple answer here is no. If you want comfy, you shouldn't have a. bought a Miata and b. slammed it......lol

THIS.
but, my tein super street with isc top hats, set to nearly full stiff (prob a few clicks away) produce for me the best "low" i've had in any car.
some potholes are jarring, but no bounce, and not retarded recoil either....

good luck and research, you'll see that spending money on suspension/tires/wheels are a must with any car but especially a miata.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Try putting some preload on the springs. Just a tiny bit will make a noticeable difference without sacrificing ride height. If its still rough, you can try tophats.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm not an expert nor have I even tried this but wouldn't extended top hats help with comfort? Longer valve stroke will allow the coilsovers to compress more with them on, but with a stiff spring rate, I think the comfortability is out the window.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, looks like Ill just be ditching the +0s and raising the car up a bit.... but not too much though, muahahha

·
Registered
307 Posts
do tein flex really ride that shittY? i rode on a car with revalved blistens and gc's slammed, and it rode GREAT i could say cloud 9 xP
They Kinda do. Depends on the spring rate too though. I'm on 9/6 and it's great on the freeway, but country roads are either rough or bouncy depending on the settings. I'll be going to a little more street friendly spring rate pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
^ To increase suspension travel and reduce 'bottoming out.' I doubt that's what is going on here though. Tein Flex, even on their softest setting, are decently stiff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts