ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wound up getting a Fuji IRTB kit, and going N/A. Everything is installed, and the car starts up, but it has REALLY poor throttle response, initially. I have to step on the gas, wait about 5 secs, let the rpms go up, then the car will start running. If I don't do that, the car dies. So far I've:

Replaced plugs
Replaced wires
Replaced CAS
Adjusted the subcon per recommended settings here
Adjusted fuel pressure (currently set at 42 w/ vacuum removed)
Adjusted the timing to 10 degrees
Sync'd the throttles
Checked grounds, under brake master cylinder and on new firewall location
I can't seem to adjust idle up (only down) using the screw on the throttle rod that should adjust all 4 throttles

Any ideas? This really sucks :(

Don't know if this is related, but mounting the throttle cable is a royal PITA. Is it mounted right?

Attachments

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I need to get a boost guage so I can check my pressure.

Turbored: Disregard my PM about lessening the pressure by trimming your lines. #-o

·
Registered
61 Posts
never thought about getting a vac gauge! - ill put that on the shopping list then! :lol:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Anyone know who makes a vac-gauge in 2-1/16th, w/o positive pressure marked on it?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Pefect. Sport-Comp vac, good to go.

eBay let me down. I did a search for vacuum gauge, and got boost gauges and industrial ones. :p

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Wouln't adding a vac line going into the car be somewhat detrimental to the already cantankerous vacuum system here?

I noticed a WORLD of difference after I detached the cruise control line (i just had the line plugged before the booster) from the equation. That three feet or so of tubing reduced my tip-in lag greatly. It helped even more when i tossed the charcoal canister and co. I'm already thinking about desoldering the MAP sensor in the piggyback and putting it as close to the ITBs as possible to remove that length of tubing as well.

Am I completely nuts here or are my concerns substantiated?

If not, i'm glad they make a vac gauge in the Z-series, it matches the others I already have here :lol:

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think your concerns are reasonable, but you could (as we talked on IM, but here for the sake of others) run a Autometer electrical vacuum gauge the only company that makes one, and only in 2 5/6", or you could run a "t" off the subcon. But yeah, if you're planning on moving the map sensor in the engine bay, those solutions wouldn't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts