ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that CB radio's used to be the Sh#@t in the 70's... it seems they are making a come back. At least in my neck of the woods (Williamsburg/Norfolk, VA). I'm seriously considering getting one for the Miata especially since it is my daily driver and I take long road trips. They also seem to be pretty popular at MATG due to their range.

Only problem is I don't know much about CB's in general. I really don't want the long Dukes of Hazard looking antenna... the car looks like an RC car already! Are their any CB's which use the UC Cop car style antenna's?

So let me know what you think? one thing is for sure CB's are cheaper than cell phones when you are caravanning with people. Normally my team and I use the FRS/GMRS radios but lately, they seem to just not have the power. Plus due to their popularity in urban areas the channels are filling up.

So? let me know what you think!

Drift5 out...

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
You can get antennas of all different sizes, and even adapters to use your stock radio antenna. Do a search here because there was another thread about it, I think someone posted a link to the adapter

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I just found his link. I'm going to have to test that out. This year at the GAP our FRS/GMRS radios kept dying and had tons of static. Must have been the CIA trying to listen in.... Don't be suprised if you see me going down the GAP next year with a tinfoil hat...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
oh come on. Embrace the RC look! 15 foot whip time!

(mine is getting a hotwheels logo, and a bright green CB whip with a "49mhz" flag at the top at some point, but that idea might be saved for the Bajamiata since it'll need to fly a whip anyhow offroad).

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Cool, I just found his link. I'm going to have to test that out. This year at the GAP our FRS/GMRS radios kept dying and had tons of static. Must have been the CIA trying to listen in.... Don't be suprised if you see me going down the GAP next year with a tinfoil hat...
You can borrow mine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts