ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some adjustable GAB sleeves and just like anything, it didn't come with instructions. My main question may be a stupid one. Should the adjuster be facing up or down?

thanks,
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If i didn't know any better your a ****. Didn't your mommy tell you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Are all your post flames, you ****?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
who cares if they are ebay sleeves? they are a non moving part. If they weigh the same, they should provide the same function.

Anyway, the only reason they should face that way is if you roll the car. :p If you care about performance, in my experience below 12.5" from hub center to fender will put you in the bump stops without extremely stiff springs and also puts you in a nasty part of the camber curve.

matt

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: Confussed on springs???

who cares if they are ebay sleeves? they are a non moving part. If they weigh the same, they should provide the same function.
Should.....but I bet the ebay sleeves are some kind of cheap Al. machined to wide tolerances, not something I would want the weight of my car beating down every second of every day......
Just my 2cents though :lol:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing about teh sleeves is though on ebay it says $25. They get their money from the $25 shipping. They are only $30 cheaper than megan sleeves. The only difference is there is no brand name on them. The springs are primarily for show anyway.

I didn't put them on by the way.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Re: Confussed on springs???

Guys (you know who you are): Let's cut out the flaming and name calling, ok?

Thanks.

Btw, Tim - what synth is that in your pic? You have software synths too?

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Four years and 100k on my cheap ebay coilovers w ith no problem. Ease up.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
fwiw - I'd be willing to be the ebay sleeves roll of the same line as the megan racing ones do. I wouldn't exactly put megan racing stuff in the "super high quality, precision made parts" catagory. Both will work fine and serve thier purpose.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I've always been amazed by the fact that the entire weight of the vehicle is supported on those tiny little ledges known as snap rings.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep that is a board, a drum machine (behind sleeve), and a usb keyboard. I produce primarly club music and techno. In the past I've produced Rap. I got tired of them asking for beats so I stopped. If you want to hear some of my music let me know.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Sure, send me a PM with a link to your music.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts