ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
craigslist confused car guy said:
B18b stock engine w/ Greddy 18g turbo kit. Car is blue(metallic paint), tan leather interior. 17" Bronze TE-37's. brembo cross drilled slotted rotors, tokico shocks and lowering springs. also have some stock parts off the car. email me any offers, questions or for pictures. custom carbon fiber hood, nissan s14 silvia headlight conversion, front/rear widebody. My price is negotiable, want to get out of some debt. I invested over 6k in aftermarket parts. If your serious, call me and we can negotiate. 714-280-7177 or email at [email protected]

thanks

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/277171003.html

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yes. Paint a carbon fiber hood. There's no reason not to, and having a completely mismatched hood just doesn't do it for me. The only reason I haven't painted my carbon fiber airdams is because they hang down off the bottom of the car, and the rockers on my NA are still black. When I repaint the entire car, I'll paint the airdams at the same time.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
I think it could actually look decent with a different front bumper. I'm just glad it's not another JDM DC front

Yes. Paint a carbon fiber hood. There's no reason not to, and having a completely mismatched hood just doesn't do it for me. The only reason I haven't painted my carbon fiber airdams is because they hang down off the bottom of the car, and the rockers on my NA are still black. When I repaint the entire car, I'll paint the airdams at the same time.
I'll take money and mis-matched paint for $200 Alex. I think there are cases where a carbon hood looks good and where it looks bad and in this case it does look like it could benefit from being painted though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I didn't know what an Integra was and what an S14 was, I'd say that car looks awesome. Kinda sucks that the more we know the pickier we get.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'll take money and mis-matched paint for $200 Alex.
I've never understood that. People spend thousands of dollars on seats, wheels, body kits, Hello Kitty air fresheners and pants that don't fit, but they drive a car for years with a gray bumper, unpainted CF hood and gelcoat white side sills and or wing because "paint and body work are too expensive." If you can't afford to finish the car, don't start. Laziness is another beast, though. The unpainted headlight cover on my NA drives me nuts, but I've been too lazy to finish it. ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
its a type of look dude, just because you dont realize that doesnt mean people dont have the money to paint their cf parts. everyone has their own styles etc, i dont see how this post became a "hey that dude didnt paint his cf hood he must be poor or retarded" thread. as you should know by even posting on this forum, the cars we drive may have been cut from a cookie cutter when they were built but that does NOT mean they have to stay that way. goes for all aspects of the car even the color scheme.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
its a type of look dude, just because you dont realize that doesnt mean people dont have the money to paint their cf parts. everyone has their own styles etc, i dont see how this post became a "hey that dude didnt paint his cf hood he must be poor or retarded" thread. as you should know by even posting on this forum, the cars we drive may have been cut from a cookie cutter when they were built but that does NOT mean they have to stay that way. goes for all aspects of the car even the color scheme.
Defensive much?

No. The thread started as a "hey, that dude used Nissan headlights on his Hondacura, so he must be retarded or confused" thread. My comment was based on the "I'll take money and mismatched paint" comment, which to me implied that he perhaps couldn't afford to paint the hood. My statement was that I see guys all the time with mismatched paint (hence the multiple color bumper commentary) who spent a bunch of bucks to buy the parts (and other crap), then didn't bother spending the money to finish the job. That's not a "look" or a "color scheme", that's either laziness or failure to allot enough money to do the job right. In the case of my headlight lid it's laziness, and will be rectified once the weather warms up and the paint will cure correctly.

The car would look better with the hood painted, IMNSHO. I think the Silvia headlight idea is a pretty good one, and judging by the low-res pictures, might look pretty good. I'd have to see it in person. It's just different enough from the front to make people scratch their heads.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i guess certain people dont understand what 2 tone is..i would like to hear somebody say that to peter (CE28N) he has a cf hardtop..wana tell him to paint it? i think he'll be upset..also i think everybody in the forums would be upset.

·
Registered
332 Posts
also.. this is a JDM roadster forum not a USDM MUAHAHAH dont believe me? type in roadsterjdm.net on your browser! to be honest.. only an idiot would paint a perfectly coated cf body part or any part in general. if you want it painted why did you buy cf?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts