ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I hate when ever I have to go to Miami, but as a NY city native and lived in Orlando for 5 years it dosent really seem any worse. They are all bad imo.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It didn't surprise me when I read it this morning. Whenever I fly into Miami I make a beeline for the turnpike after picking up the rental beater and get south as fast as I can. I don't even stop until I get to Alabama Jack's. Then it's time for a Red Stripe and conch salad before going over the bridge to The Anglers Club.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its not that bad... I like to think of it as a tool to increase the number ways to tell some one off! Now to find a way to install a ram on the front of the miata that will not throw my weight balance off...

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's all those Hot blooded latino people. Oh wait, that includes me. But no seriously...I went to Lima Peru and they have terrible traffic , I went to San Juan and they see the stop light as more of a suggestion, I'm serious. I dont know anyone from the islands that Doesn't want to race. Add a million grandmothers on cell phones to that mix and just watch the anger ensue. And the princesses, dont forget them, you know, the young chic in the baby Benz on her phone also...Lots of those around the Gables and UM..and the beach, and FIU and Miami Dade, and etc... I once got out of my car and punched a guy in a drive thru lane at a McD's for insulting my wife, does that count...I thought it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
It didn't surprise me when I read it this morning. Whenever I fly into Miami I make a beeline for the turnpike after picking up the rental beater and get south as fast as I can. I don't even stop until I get to Alabama Jack's. Then it's time for a Red Stripe and conch salad before going over the bridge to The Anglers Club.
Dude you just got the routine down big time! haha seriously, Hialeah has an estimated 75% that do not have a valid drivers liscence. Couple that with them talking on their damn cell phones while driving and you've got yourself a recipe for High Blood preassure inducing anger :x ! I know this all too well!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
As a matter of fact, true story here now:

I had to turn through 3 lanes to get to the bank while being in the center turning lane. I had a car in front of me with some stupid guy talking on his cell phone. He decides to start to turn as traffic has slowed down. I follow. Then the a-hole decides itll be funny to block me from going any further by stopping the car so I am now in the middle of the road while traffic is starting to come my way. Im honking the horn so he can move and so I dont get nailed by on comming cars as now im out in the road at this point. I see him laughing hysterically in his car on his phone. That shot me through the roof. I ran out of my car, reached into his window and yanked the phone out of his hand. I then proceeded to throw the phone across the street as hard as i could all while running back into my car. I drove through the grass and side walk to avoid getting hit by the cars that were already honking their horns for me to move . Just before he could come after me, he got his rear bumper clipped by an on comming car and couldnt go anywhere. To this day, I have never seen the look on that guys face replicated when I took the phone from his hand. I never did get to the bank that day either way lol.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've learned to deal with it.....To think of it I'm a pretty aggressive driver....I just hate it when someone cuts me off only to go slower than me.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Pink Lincolns - "Miami"

if my name was ronnie zamora
the networks would love me
i pull the gun under my pillow
cause i saw it on t.v.

i my name was art mcduffy
would you smash my skull with glee
reaching over each other
bouncing flashlights off of me

in miami that's where you want to be tonight
keep your thoughts concealed cause it's an
urban battlefield

if my name was neville johnson jr.
and you thought i had a gun
you'd better execute everyone in this town
cause i'm not the only one

just lack around cause a's an urban battleground

if my name or even was liberty city
or even overtown
the only way to walk my streets
is with your hand around a gun

keep your thoughts concealed cause it's
an urban battlefield
in miami that's whom you want to be tonight
just look around cause it's an urban battleground

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Miami traffic is bad, I agree. I arrive to work late everyday. But I tend to think is not the traffic what is bad here. It's the stupid speeding zones we have now.

To give you a clue, most of the streets in Miami have a 30 mph limit. Specially those streets close to Downtown, Miami. People here drive slow not because they are bad drivers but because if you drive fast you get stopped by stupid, harrasing City of Miami cop who issues you a $200.00 ticket. Trust me, I had a $200.00 ticket pending to be paid and I just finished paying $200.00 for another ticket a month ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts