ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some kid in OKC wants to trade his S13 for my NA. The 240's lightly modded, has Cusco coils, Isis tc rods, ect. Some little stuff. Dual cam, 5 speed. Pretty clean car.

Just thinking it's gonna be better/cheaper as a drift car than the Miata. Right now I've got a little over a grand total in the Miata and it's still nowhere near where it's needs to be for tracking.

After all, there's a reason more people drift S-chassis than Miatas.

I like it and everything, super fun to drive, but I'm thinking I'll be better off in the 240. I love S13's just as much as NA's, and I've worked on them so much I know them like the back of my hand already.

Input?

·
R U ?
7,169 Posts
Some kid in OKC wants to trade his S13 for my NA. The 240's lightly modded, has Cusco coils, Isis tc rods, ect. Some little stuff. Dual cam, 5 speed. Pretty clean car.

Just thinking it's gonna be better/cheaper as a drift car than the Miata. Right now I've got a little over a grand total in the Miata and it's still nowhere near where it's needs to be for tracking.

After all, there's a reason more people drift S-chassis than Miatas.

I like it and everything, super fun to drive, but I'm thinking I'll be better off in the 240. I love S13's just as much as NA's, and I've worked on them so much I know them like the back of my hand already.

Input?

Come back when you have more than 5 grand into your Miata for track use. ;)

If you think it's a good deal, go for it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everybody seems to be saying what I'm thinking. There's actually a guy who's been bugging me about trading my Datsun for his S13 for months.... financially it'd be a good idea but there's no way I'm going to part with the 280z. He's easily got 6k into his with the Silvia front, suspension, RB swap, ect.

Seems like ever since I slammed the Z everybody in OKC has been trying to get one, so that's a pretty obvious sign not to get rid of it.

But the guy offered a trade on the Miata.... so...

And the way I see it, a lightly modded S13 is worth about as much as a lightly modded NA.... so it's not like either of us are getting gypped.

And I see myself getting another Miata farther on down the road, even if it's just for a daily. I love the way the thing handles, and compared to it, everything else feels loose and heavy.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
I'm still slightly considering trading my NA for a better drifting platform. Then I realize that cheap Miatas are unicorns now and they're only going up in value. If I can hang on to this beast for another year, I can trade it for something of much higher value than what I have in it. When I think of how much I paid for it, and all the parts I've traded or sold, it's like I have the absolute best bang-for-buck ratio ever!

My advice: check out the 240 in person, test drive it for a while, pick everything about it apart, and decide if you want it more than your Miata. The drift craze has taxed a lot of nice cars, but we're quickly running out of 240's so the Miata will be the next thing that the Initial-D kids set their sights on. Trade if it seems like a great deal for you, or hold onto it for a while if you think you have a good specimen.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, turns out the kid ended up trading his S13 for a Camaro. Didn't even tell me. Found out secondhand today.

Anyway, I'll probably end up still trading it if the opportunity arises. The thing with my NA, is that the body isn't very straight, so I don't see it going up in value anytime soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I vote 13B swap like you mentioned the other day on a thread. I don't see very many NA's when I am up in OKC or in Dallas either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts