ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A roadsterJDM.net first - Here is some interesting info from DDMWorks....the Ohlins project is VERY exciting - this is the first time that I can recall where Ohlins is working with someone to bring into the USA the same Japan spec coil-over setup...I think pricing will be in the $1900 range.

Here are the new Ohlins coilover set-ups that DDM Works is testing. It is the same set-up that is in Japan, except they have been working with Ohlins USA to get the kit right for the US market and will be releasing it next week. Ohlins USA will be servicing the kits and the kits will be readily available here in the states through DDMWorks.

Also - new pics of the new splitter they are almost done with for the NA's with the factory lip spoiler. It is more than a simple cut piece of plastic, it will be made of metal and powder coated, and also has tabs on the side to help secure the splitter - seen below.

Mirror blanking plates - looking for general interest.

Pricing is still TBD - but was given the ok by DDM to preview the new stuff here first.

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tetsuyagarage said:
the coilovers and splitter look really good. are the ohlins the aluminum versions?
Yes, I believe so - DDM I think is developing all the hardware typically found in a coil over unit - Ohlins then takes specs from Japan version and they literally make a copy of the Japan spec - I am not sure what specific model they may have used as a base...will need to ask Dave for the basic specs. He said they are very comfortable on the highway (for the wife that is) ;-)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I'd be interested in the spoiler splitter thingy. It'll keep the scratches off my R pkg lip spoiler.

The mirror blanking plates would be nice for someone who is either removing a mirror (don't know why) or relocating one. Although, I would opt for different fasteners.

Can't wait fo this stuff!!

Peter, what are the chances of picking up that splitter when I come to R-Speed on May 2nd? Let me know!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Peter I am willing to install free Ohlins on my car and write a reveiw for DDMWorks here on RJDM.net. That's just the kind of guy I am.
:D

Those are some sweet coilovers!

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
they (ddm) look like they did a mix between the older ohlins (non adj. shock bodies) and used the Eibach spring (8kg fr-6kg r) found in the newer version....interesting for sure...im a little suprised they didn't opt for the newer version w/ adj. shock body length since hitting the bump stops is a major gripe about miatas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts