ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda and AWR have been developing 3 MX5's as drift/time attack cars. These are the real deal. Seam welded, caged, Motons, Motec, Tilton pedals, Formula Atlantics engines, cosworth carbon fiber velocity stacks, etc. Amazing cars. The WHOLE CAR was stripped ad powder coated. (as in the frame) Pretty nuts.

Here are a couple shots. I'll be racing in NorCal, so I won't be there. But figured I'd give you guys a heads up about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yea those sound awesome. I was just talking to my buddy that works there and he said they got powdercoated yellow and will be making their first appearance this week in long beach drift event. Sound really cool, wish i didnt have to work. :x Hopefully ill get to see them when i go up there to get a custom rollbar put in (back half of a sm cage w/ door bars).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha. those ITRB's are atlantic engine heaven. not really any NC left in the drive train...

·
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
There is a planned team of 3 cars. All identical except for color. Below are a few of the pictures I was sent of the cars at the show. I do have several of the "behind the scenes" build, but do not think I am allowed to share them...

I am part of the International Allstars who are partnered in the campaign of these cars.

·
4,296 Posts
this car is far from finished.they were supposed to drift that weekend , but the car was no way near ready. i spoke to a couple guys that said they were responsible for getting the car together.we brought up redlines timeattack at the end of the month , and they said they doubt it will be ready for that event also.
but
they did say that these cars should see heavy track time, as they were not made to park at car shows. i expect to see these cars at most drift ,and time attacks.
this is Mazda doing this.
also ,it looks like Casper Canul might be the driver, he is local to me in Glendora,ca from Monstor Fab.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I want any and everything to do w/ those NC's! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I took some pics of the car too. I'll post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I took a couple pics of it on my camera phone, but i dont think its nessacary to post them cuz better ones have been posted already.

The Cosworth motor is pretty damn badass. Our team has a Swift 0.16a Atlantic car that is currently being leased for 3 races to another team. The car came to us in a box and it took about 2 1/2 weeks to put it together before last years LBGP. PITA to put together. You think for the 250k you pay for the car it would piece together easier lol. I still like the Hasselgren 4age and the 0.14a's alot better...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts