ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wait is over!

M-tuned has just released the first to complete single exit coolant reroute system for the Miata. This is not a heater bypass or a twin exit system. If you are considering adding forced induction to your Miata, consider this kit a must have. A bone stock first gen Miata with a 100% functional OEM cooling system at a 70mph cruise in 90° weather with the A/C on will kick the fans on and run over 210° coolant temps. That, dear friends, is woefully inadequate cooling. Add forced induction or take it to the track and you are taxing the system even more.

Even if the car runs fine with 210°+ coolant temps, the factory ECU will add a bit of fuel which reduces power. The engine will always be the most efficient when there is the greatest temperature difference between combustion gasses and the cylinder head. So ideally, you want 180~190° temps which is what you'll get with a reroute and modest sizes radiator. A 160° tstat is optional for those that have programmable ECU's.

Unless you are running a turbo on the track with A/C, you won't likely need a 55mm radiator once you have a reroute. A 37mm will be fine and non a/c- FMIC cars with sealed airflow and vented hoods can often get by with a lightweight 25mm core.

• EGR is retained
  • Works with absolutely every possible induction and ignition system
  • Front block off plate and rear adapter have spare ports for auxiliary sensors
  • Billet CNC aluminum construction, clear anodized for corrosion resistance
  • High quality silicone hose
  • Kit includes everything you need to complete the conversion
Visit the website for full details on the system

*Grail not included

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Do want, like now! Will you have the parts in stock when I pick up my brake pads? It'd be nice to have to Thunderhill on the 11th.

"Grail not included." ROFL!! :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
When I get my turbo I will definitely be purchasing this reroute.

edit: nevermind, I looked at the website.

Good deal

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
...and the angels did sing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
me want too!
pics of it installed would be awesome
any possibilty of other hose colors?

·
3,857 Posts
Nice workmanship!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
me want too!
pics of it installed would be awesome
any possibilty of other hose colors?
I'll tell you the same thing I posted on m.net. I won't post pictures of it installed because every install will be different. All you would see is a black hose running from under the coil packs to the rad anyway. The rest is buried. The kit does not come with anything to attach the hose to the manifold/blower, IRTB or whatever else you have there.

Black hose only.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the basic process for installing one of these bad boys?
Basic?

Remove coil packs
Remove rear outlet, sensors, front tstat cover and top hose
Install reroute adapter & block off plate
Cut hose to fit, install remote tstat
Attach hoses
Mount top hose to manifold
Add coolant, bleed air out of system

The instructions will be simple as it's intended a s DIY kit. We'll assume that you understand how a cooling system works and what needs to be done. As mentioned before, every install will be a bit different so instructions that make allowances for every conceivable option would be very complex and confusing. We'll just leave that up to the mechanic.

Once you get the hardware and take a look under the hood, it'll be very clear what needs to be done. Very simple. The most difficult part is fitting fat fingers behind the head and leaning over the engine. I like to remove the hood and raise the car up so I don't have to bend over it.

Or just take it to Erik. He already has people lining up to get theirs installed.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
not sure if i missed it on the photos or not. but does the kit include a block off plate for the front water neck ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
An FYI to anyone considering this: This is the only properly designed commercial reroute kit that I know of.

I also attribute part of my blown '94 motor to a lack of a reroute. If you track the car more than once a year, or drive it hard on a regular basis, it's an absolute necessity.

·
Registered
875 Posts
^^^

I'd also have to agree with this. My #4 cylinder lost compression recently (hence all my parts were up for sale). Roadster Tuner and I were concluding after a compression test that some of the extreme heat from the back- attributed to premature failure of the engine!

This is definitely a must for all you guys going to the track or are FI. It's pretty much a no-brainer......$300 investment can save your entire work on the motor.

Trust me....it's pretty painful when your motor goes bad on you!

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
So then this would be suitable for even a N/A daily driver that gets driven hard every now and then? I don't see how it could hurt to have this in any car. Seems like a much more budget minded thing to do then dropping the cash for a bigger radiator.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts