ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
371 Posts
with the T-stat being 'remote' is there a chance it would not open as soon as it should from being too far away from the head?
i.e. the water in the outlet tube will be cooler than whats actually inside the head.
the piece looks amazing btw. waaay nicer than the thing I whiped up.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So then this would be suitable for even a N/A daily driver that gets driven hard every now and then? I don't see how it could hurt to have this in any car. Seems like a much more budget minded thing to do then dropping the cash for a bigger radiator.
No a/c, it won't make a huge difference. If your cooling system is 100% healthy, you'll only run a little warm in the canyons. If you have A/C though, it makes the difference between overheating and not.

If you have the original rad, get rid of it. The plastic gets brittle and cracks right next to the filler neck. When they are light brown-yellow, they could go any minute. The aftermarket plastic koyos use black plastic and are good, or a bigger aluminum radiator. I'd suggest a 25mm CSF unless you find a deal on a 37mm Koyo but that 37mm is overkill on your engine with a reroute.

with the T-stat being 'remote' is there a chance it would not open as soon as it should from being too far away from the head?
i.e. the water in the outlet tube will be cooler than whats actually inside the head.
the piece looks amazing btw. waaay nicer than the thing I whiped up.
The tstat has a bypass port and convection does the rest. You'll want to mount the remote tstat as close to the head as you can. I've mounted this type around 10" from the head with excellent results.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
As someone who made their own reroute from scratch, I can tell you that this reroute is absolutely worth every single penny. MEGA props for bringing this to market!

·
Registered
289 Posts
You guys just increased my project costs twice today. This looks really nice. Seeing as my miata is driven ONLY on the track, with a turbo, and I live in Texas and have events in the middle of a giant piece of cement in the summer.... I could use some more insurance even over my oversize crossflow rad. I'll probably pick one of these up before we get to summer.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Is the price on the website the normal price or is this a limited-time introductory sale price? This is a product that I am very interested in purchasing, but I'm not sure just what my timetable is on it yet.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Awesome! This is great news for me as I won't necessarily feel so rushed to "get it while it's hot." Even so, this is definitely going to be cause to re-evaluate my planned modifications (since I'm planning to do some cooling system maintenance soon anyhow).

·
Registered
501 Posts
A newb cooling question - For the NBs that have a block off plate with the two 1/2" NPT ports, can I just block these off with generic plugs from an Autoparts store?

If I don't have a Turbo, are these extra ports useful to me?

If I wanted accurate coolant temps, should I tap off a temp sender on the back of the head or is it better at the block off plate for some reason?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A newb cooling question - For the NBs that have a block off plate with the two 1/2" NPT ports, can I just block these off with generic plugs from an Autoparts store?

If I don't have a Turbo, are these extra ports useful to me?

If I wanted accurate coolant temps, should I tap off a temp sender on the back of the head or is it better at the block off plate for some reason?
Generic plugs
Nope
Either will be accurate

·
Deez Nuts
1,596 Posts
I wanna see what it looks like install before I get one.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I just received mine yesterday, but I probably won't get around to installing it for another couple of weeks. I'll take pics and try to remember to post them up here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i can't tell from the pictures, and reading anywhere, but will it have provisions for the coolent temp sensor on the back of the head for us NB guys?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Download Instructions

For those of you that are wondering, no you don't have to remove the engine. These few steps will make installing the adapter easier:

1. Raise the car about 12" off the ground
2. Remove the hood
3. Do the install either outside in daylight or in a shop that has serious lighting. DIY at night in a dim garage with only a drop light is really going to slow things down.

http://www.949racing.com/mtuned/M-Tuned_Reroute_Inst.pdf

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did mazda fix the coolant route on later year cars like my 04 msm?
Just curious if this would help my car at all. Mind you I don't have a cooling issue now but I don't mind being proactive.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts