ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
reroute updates

Coolant mix

The instructions recommend a 50/50 antifreeze/water mix which is good for street use. For track use I recommend flushing the system before installing the reroute then filling with distilled water, about 3~4 oz. of anti-freeze and half a bottle of Redline Water Wetter. This mix will be not only run cooler, it won't make a mess on track should some of it escape the overflow tank.

Heater bypass

For those of you removing the heater or bypassing it, you will need to run a restriction in the 5/8" heater hose. Without the restrictor, too much hot coolant goes through the hose and right back to the water pump instead of being sent through the tstat and to the rad. That flow imbalance can cause the engine to run hot. A 3/4" long piece of 5/16" or 3/8" diameter fuel hose stuffed into the heater return line will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I wanna see what it looks like install before I get one.
It took a while, but I finally got around to installing the reroute on my '97.

Here are a couple of pics:

Not a great pic, but you can see the water outlet on the back of the engine. I used some constant-torque hose clamps rather than the clamps supplied with the kit.

The thermostat housing is also a bit of a tight fit but nothing touches/rubs. I had to bend a bracket to move some wires out of the way, but it was no big deal.

It's a tight fit around the bend due to my oil filter relocation, but most people won't face this issue.

It's a bit of a tight fit between the AC lines and the intake manifold as well, but the oil filter lines keep the hose off of the intake manifold. I don't think I'm going to have any issues, but I still might take some more old hose and insert it between the coolant hose and the AC lines though just to be safe.

A shot of the front block-off plate:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts