ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who own Corbeau racing seats I was wondering what you all thought of the materials that they are covered in? I'm looking to buy a set of Forzas and wanted to know how the cloth, microsuede, and vinyl all felt to you guys for those who have those materials covering your seats. I know what the cloth feels like so I don't really need much info on it unless you want to give your opinion anyway but I am more curious about the microsuede and vinyl. How well have the materials worn for you? Are they hot and make you sweat? I figure the vinyl might. Do these materials feel durable/are durable? Does the vinyl crack over time? Do you slide around on the vinyl? They claim to be UV stable but have they faded any? Are they still comfortable/were they ever comfortable? Pretty much any input about it you can think of I would appreciate greatly. I just don't want to pull the trigger on something and not be entirely satisfied with it. And sure I know Corbeaus aren't top of the line products but they're decent for the price I've heard. Thanks again if you have any input.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the Corbeau Forza's in vinyl. The material hasn't cracked or faded and isn't slippery either, it holds me well during track days. I do have a few criticisms though, it definitely makes you sweat like you mentioned and also gets really hot during the summer. Also some of the seams have started to tear and I've only had them for a couple years and a few thousand miles. I personally bought them because I liked the way the vinyl looked and it matches the Harddog rollbar padding cover perfectly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the FX1 Pro in microsuede and overall I really like the seat, Its comfortable/padded enough to sit in for hours but still holds you tight on the track. The material is strong, I slide over the rails getting into my car and have not ripped it yet. I have noticed a little bit of fading but nothing crazy for being in an open top car. The microsuede does make my back all sweaty but so do most seats I sit in. For the money I think they are great seats for the price.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Late night/early morning bump.

Anybody with cloth seats have issues with getting sweaty? It's probably the nature of these types of seats to cause sweat. If that's the case then getting sweaty won't be an issue. I already sweat in my Deluxe "leather" seat covers. The leather is quite fake but convincing when first purchased, even with the smell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts