ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a 240 guy mainly, but I've always had a love for miatas, and finally had the ability to get one myself :D

I'll use this thread to show the progress on the build, and info on the massive headache I'm having on getting the title for the car.

Looking to turn it into a fun, clean daily driver.

Story: So I bought the car for $400, as it's sat for a while. So far it seems all it needs to run is a fuel pump. Hooked to a good battery, it turns strong but no fuel is coming. Replacing that this weekend, along with a radiator.

I bought the car from a co-workers mom, whose husband was the owner of the car.

The fun starts where the husband passed away 2 weeks after he bought the car in South Carolina. The family brought it down to Florida, and let it sit, which is where I came along. I sent a form for lost title to South Carolina, and after 4 weeks, I called them today, and ended up finding out that there will be no duplicate title for them because in the two weeks after buying it, he never titled it.

So I then called Florida DMV who told me I had to have the SC title signed to me, in order to register it. So I called the dealer who sold the car, as I have the original bill of sale. He was no help and said to get my money back.

I then called the SC dmv again, who informed me that they still showed the miata titled in SC, as dealers are not required to title in their names at purchase.

The next step, is to send in a Vehicle Information Report, for the info of the "Current Owner". If I can get this back and get ahold of said "owner", and they are willing, all they would have to do is get the duplicate title, sign it, and mail it. After that, I can skip the list of 3 sellers I have the bills of sale for, and transfer it directly to me.

I will keep everything updated.

As far as plans, my steering wheel setup and wheels are on the way, soon followed by roll bar and coils.

Also doing an Ipod to Amp setup.

And yes, front bumper is going to be burned in the near future.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Project KEP LGHN-'90 Smurf

yeah its in pretty good shape if im not mistaken. sure we can

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

So the news is, it lives. :D

Replaced the fuel pump, turned the key, heard the pump start working, and KAZAAAM!, fired right up, idled nicely, and made me quite happy.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So I had a carfax done by a friend of mine with a dealership, and was able to find the dealer that had the car before the two dealerships that I have bills of sales from, who actually sold the car 4/21/2007, which is a coincidence.

I called them, and they still had the info, as the car was a trade in. They couldn't give me the information, but he did say he would try to contact the owner and give them my number and information.

Also sent the form away, which will hopefully come back with the current "registered owner's" name and info so I can contact myself.

I will not rest til I have the title in my hand.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well finally got the info back from SCDMV, which contained only a name and an address. No phone number in any listings, so I spent most of the day online and on the phone trying to track him down.

Ended up finding a facebook of a possible wife, sent her the msg, and sure enough,

"That is my husband and if you can give me a number you can be reached at I will have him call you."

Looks like I'm getting somewhere.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Will do.

And oh,

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Wait wut?!
760 Posts

Good to see you got the stuff from Scott, I was working on mine today too!!! JB welded the rip in the intake, got it unstuck from reverse AGAIN. And took it for a nice spirited little drive...

And damn dude, that sucks about the title problems.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Eh, paid $400 for the car, so it's alright to deal with it. The last dealer that owned the car actually told me to get my money back, and I'd never be able to title it. That just fueled the fire.

Sent the wife another message, giving her the full story since I knew it was the right person.

Received this reply:

I am really sorry my husband hasn't contacted you yet. He works some really long hours but he said he would call you, I just don't know when and we will do our best to help you get it registered.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Got a bumper today, tore off the crap, and mocked up the new one.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Much better! I bet you would be able to sell the old front end and recoup all the money you spent on the original issue one.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Yeah dont know if I'm gonna sell it. Original plan is to light it up and watch it burn lol. Have a bumper BBQ

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Finally got the wheel all done. Horn works by the way :D

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

So havent updated for two months, but they've been good.

My wheels and tires have been ordered, brought from the motherland and are currently waiting for me in Tampa.

One of my wheels, box first opened:

And, best thing I've seen yet, was sent to me in a text from South Carolina today:

And my lip will be here tomorrow. Ordered a togue run with the group buy.

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The man in the brown suit brought me a present :D

1 - 20 of 322 Posts