ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we can get 5 people signed up I can offer our CorkSport Mazdaspeed Miata FMIC kit for $525 plus shipping. Do we have 5 people interested?

The kit includes aluminum IC piping, silicone connectors, 18x11x3 intercooler (core size), t-bolts clamps, etc.

Link directly to the FMIC kit

-Derrick

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
does the kit include everything in the pictures? K/N filter, etc... or just what you listed above?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the kit include everything in the pictures? K/N filter, etc... or just what you listed above?
The kit includes everything in the picture. Not pictured is the silicone connectors, t-bolt clamps, and hardware which are included.

-Derrick

·
Registered
256 Posts
The kit includes everything in the picture. Not pictured is the silicone connectors, t-bolt clamps, and hardware which are included.

-Derrick
So it's the kit on the site (CODE: 99m-6-055-10) at $699 going for $525+ shipping? Please confirm.

Thanks!

·
Function > Form
1,311 Posts
Mind you I am interested, especially if this will work on a 00 with a MSM turbo... Just curious about that t-body coupler.

·
Function > Form
1,311 Posts
The CorkSport Mazdaspeed Miata intercooler kit is a complete package from the intake to the engine.
I'm curious as to why it doesn't come with that. Typically I think of complete package as the entire length of charge piping. IIRC those stock couplers are prone to ballooning and cracking, so I assumed this kit would fix that issue. It's not a huge deal, but something extra that could be mentioned. Just adds cost to someone like me who will need to find a solution for that end.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Technically they'd have to replace the intake manifold as well then ;)

I definitely agree, it seems silly to build a 90% complete kit and leave out that last elbow, when it's the only known problem in the entire charge piping and intercooler system that comes with the MSM.

I recommend the BEGi one since corksport doesn't seem to carry one. Works great with the stock diverter valve or the forge diverter valve.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The kit is designed to use the stock coupler.

If we were to offer a silicone part would this be a deciding factor for people in buying this kit? It would add some extra cost though.

-Derrick

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Not a silicone part but rather a metal piece.

Have you seen videos of what the stock elbow does under boost? It's scary. If there's one piece of the stock piping that should be replaced, it's definitely that elbow.

·
Function > Form
1,311 Posts
Honestly it would be better like that, even if the cost was slightly higher. That stock coupler is the weak point in the system anyway, and replacing it with an actual pipe would both complete the kit and remove the issue.

·
Function > Form
1,311 Posts
What also might be a neat option would be a flange before the throttlebody for aftermarket CBV/BOVs, such as a Greddy flange or something similar. Maybe make a slightly different pipe there for people who choose that option. Just throwing some ideas out, IDK if you've already finished development yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Both FlyinMiata and BEGI sell metal versions of the throttle body inlet coupler. I like that the Corksport kit comes with replacement piping, but I'm curious about the fitment of the intercooler.

At the reduced price, I'm interested in the group buy.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
have you guys seen TDR's FMIC?

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
ahh, you may be right. I was thinking they would bolt up to our turbo. I think you need at least the FM upgrade to use the TDR setup.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Yeah you'd need the FM2 upgrade package which I believe comes with their intercooler kit anyway.

I do like the TDR kits though, I like how simple the pipe routing is on them

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If we made a throttle body inlet pipe for the kit it wouldn't be ready for several months.

Geeze MSM yes this is the kit we sell for $699 normally.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.