1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total weight with driver: 2248

LF: 585 RF: 574

LR: 556 RR: 533

i am going to work on trying to balance it out better in the morning if i can.

full interior with pass seat, hardtop and hard dog DD roll bar

weighed in alot more then i thought it would i guess i need to drop some more weight...

incase you dont know my car here is a pic:

·
Registered
402 Posts
How much gas in the car, 1.8 vs. 1.6, and what options? Report back on how it feels as well. I've been considering cornerweighting my car, but I'm not totally sure the benefits are worth the extra $120 on top of a standard alignment.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was doing it myself at the dragway today since they had 10.5 outlaws running today so i got there early and it was free :) still need to work on it though.

it was a 93 with a 1.8 swap half tank of gas

major weight reduction has been done to the car.

no ac, ps, heater and head lights
underside of the dash is gutted and no padding under the carpet.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow. I've got a '94, no AC, PS, CC, or softtop, but I still have headlights and a heater. 2210 with a half tank of gas. Time to ditch that soft top. :)

Oh holy ****, 2248 WITH DRIVER. I'm nearly 2400 with driver. Never mind, that is badass. :D

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
soft top is gone ;)

i am going to work on trying to drop some more weight but i thinik i am going to have to start buying some carbon fiber parts now.

i really want to get the carbon fiber hard top that axis racing sells but we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
that's pretty good. How much do you weigh? My fully optioned 93 (ABS, AC, PS, Leather,) with roll bar, spare tire, hard top and soft top delete and half a tank is about 2318 WITHOUT me in it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
a spec miata racer told me that he runs with a full tank of gas during a race 'cause the car feels better balanced plus the back end feels more planted.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can agree with that since i can feel the diffrence from a full tank of gas and less then a half tank of gas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently had my [mostly] stock 93 base model corner balanced and aligned...

-all fluids topped
-fuel tank full
-trunk gutted
-empty glovebox & console

LF 643 + RF 565 = 1208 [50.6%] Front
LR 628 + RR 550 = 1178 [49.4%] Rear

2136 without driver
2386 with driver

M

·
Registered
517 Posts
i can agree with that since i can feel the diffrence from a full tank of gas and less then a half tank of gas.
Recently I've been driving around with no more than a quarter tank on worn rear tires, there is so much tail sliding I feel like im in the 60s.

The normal ways to induce oversteer (power over and trail braking) are amplified. In addition, If I crank the wheel hard enough the back (not the front) will gain a bunch of slip angle.

Its fun in a scary sort of way. :mrgreen:

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know how much the soft top with glass weight?

my guess would be around 47-53 pounds

Noah, what suspension are you running?
right now i am running tanabe sustec pro-ss coilovers with jackson racing front sway bar none in the rear. i plan on upgrading in the next few months.

Recently I've been driving around with no more than a quarter tank on worn rear tires, there is so much tail sliding I feel like im in the 60s.

The normal ways to induce oversteer (power over and trail braking) are amplified. In addition, If I crank the wheel hard enough the back (not the front) will gain a bunch of slip angle.

Its fun in a scary sort of way. :mrgreen:
gotta love driving a light car with worn tires on the rear. i like to ride around all the time with less then a 1/2 a tank of gas just because of how easy you can slide.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts