ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch out guys/gays, there's a corrupt sheriff in town. Er, I mean a corrupt CHP Officer.

His name is Howland
Badge 196084

He hides out in private property giving ridiculous tickets. (driving 3MPH above the speed limit, having no front plate, etc) When ever I see someone being pulled over, it's him.

He hides out on people's drive ways, stores, and in a church parking lot. Be careful, it looks like he wants to meet his $1,000,000 quota front tickets. :cry:

I got a no front plate ticket while parked at a K-Mart today.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tomorrow, I'm going to the station to file a citation administration review forum.

I'll state that I was at K-Mart buying a screw for my license plate bracket. At that same time, I'm gonna file a compliant toward that dam cop.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Temple City K-Mart.

(Update) : I just spoke to the manager and she says the lot is the city's property and she won't do anything to help me.
Oh great! So much for customer service!

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
now you said he's corrupt, did you try to pay him off? Or is he just a typical cop hiding to catch people?

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now you said he's corrupt, did you try to pay him off? Or is he just a typical cop hiding to catch people?
He's not a typical cop per se, but he targets nicer looking import cars. Okay, he isn't corrupt, just an ass. :evil:

What kind of cop has time to walk around the parking lot giving out tickets? Seems like a meter maid to me.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I truely dont believe people are so ignorant. Your mad at a cop becuase hes doing his job well? Guess what, YOU BROKE THE FUCKING LAW AND YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR IT along with the other morans "hes allways pulling over". You need to understand that filing a complaint on an Officer is VERY serious and stays in their file forever. If the officer wants he can very easily sue you for the false complaint and will most likely win. Complaints look very bad on a cops record and they will do anything they can to remove them. Good luck :roll:

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I truely dont believe people are so ignorant. Your mad at a cop becuase hes doing his job well? Guess what, YOU BROKE THE FUCKING LAW AND YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR IT along with the other morans "hes allways pulling over". You need to understand that filing a complaint on an Officer is VERY serious and stays in their file forever. If the officer wants he can very easily sue you for the false complaint and will most likely win. Complaints look very bad on a cops record and they will do anything they can to remove them. Good luck :roll:
Are you kidding me? Where are the cops when there's people driving on the wrong side of the road? Where are they when Corvettes park with no front plates? Where are they when the soccer mom's are parking on other people's driveways?

Cops like him choice what to cite.

I'm not angry just because of this 'one' incident. He has specifically targeted import cars! And you know what? He's still at K-Mart right now!

cops hiding in people's driveway.
thats legal?
According to the police departments in my area, they can do whatever they want as long as they don't damage private property.

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's fucking retarded. I would tell them to leave and they are not allowed back.
FTP.
If you do that, one night you might find out that they're needed. :?

It sucks, they're there when they're not needed and when you need them, they're outta sight!

lol, unfortunately, the nearest Walmart is in a bad neighborhood. :(

·
2,708 Posts
For once, I agree with cheesefries.

If you're driving around with modifications that you know are illegal, you are gambling with The Man. Lucky for us, we drive little-gay miatas that are low on the radar (for now). I've been driving around with NO side mirrors and front plate for almost 4 months now and not once did I get pulled over for it. I've even had cops pull up right next to me, look at my car, and drive away.

Now, it sounds like the "corrupt" cop is doing something in the procedural aspect of handing out tickets, that's something you would have to research more to understand what he is allowed and not-allowed to do. Filing a complaint without proper research will just make you look retarded.

As for the Walmart comments from Linh:

We live in a free-market society. The market is dictated by consumer demand and dollars. We like what they provide, we buy. The paradox of a free-market is that when a company makes TOO much money, who are we to stop them? Should we blame Walmart and Exxon for making sound business decisions TO MAKE A PROFIT? If they found a way to get products for cheaper then anywhere else, what does that mean? Does that mean other stores have been ripping us off the whole time pre-Walmart? Or does that mean Walmart knows how to be resourceful in the widening global economy? If you can't keep up and learn to adapt, you will never compete.

Yes, I've seen the documentaries on how Walmart came into a town and all the little mom-n-pop stores were forced to shut-down because they couldn't compete. I;m a little torn because I do feel for them, but at the same time, I realize that it's the product of our free-market economy. In other words, Walmart and Exxon are the jauggarnauts that WE create, as a system. So should be ditch or rewrite the system?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts