ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on my way to work my pillow shifted. I decided to take it out from under me, thus making it impossible to see over my dash. Here's a Sam's Eye View:

Pillow:

No Pillow (and stretching!):

I'm tired of hearing people over 5ft complain about being too short! They aren't a slave to a pillow!

That is all.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
my girlfriend took the head rest out of her car because she could not see behind her when they were in the car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dang, I have the oppsite problem. My head is about an inch or less from the under side of the top. And if I hit a bump in the road I cram my head into the top. lol, :mrgreen:

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I guess im one of the guilty ones who complain about their height. Im 5'9-10 but would like to grow another 3 inches.

**edit** How tall are you Samantha?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well in my first miata I DID have a reverse foam mod PLUS a pillow. Now i just have a stiffer pillow :)

I'm 4'11. I have long legs, but the upper half of me is very small.

I was looking into after market, but all the reviews i saw were people excited they were LOWER than stock.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
You wish you were taller, I wish I was shorter...

If I gave you a few of my inches, would you be happy?

...uh, um. I just realized what I typed...didn't mean it that way. :oops: #-o

·
Registered
209 Posts
The most interesting part of this problem is that you have to safely raise the seat, retain crash integrity, and not poke through the top...

I'd say reverse seat foam, but with a different seat.

Part of me wonders if it's safe, the other part wonders what could be stashed under the seat (amp, nitrous controller, CB?)

·
Registered
153 Posts
The seat bolts on to the rails with four bolts. Perhaps you could fabricate spacers to go in between the seat and the rails, you'll probably also need longer bolts. 1 inch or 1.5 inch thick spacers would probably be enough.

If it were me, I'd have a machinist fabricate the spacers from aluminum blocks. But a stack of washers would probably be just as effective.

If it's a 94+ car, the seat belt buckle will also need some modification to the bracket so it'll reach the bolt hole to the frame of the car.

Hope this helps.

joeyb

·
Registered
209 Posts
The seat bolts on to the rails with four bolts. Perhaps you could fabricate spacers to go in between the seat and the rails, you'll probably also need longer bolts. 1 inch or 1.5 inch thick spacers would probably be enough.

If it were me, I'd have a machinist fabricate the spacers from aluminum blocks. But a stack of washers would probably be just as effective.

Hope this helps.

joeyb
I'd use something like that, yeah. Needs to be very thick to help lateral support, and I'd maybe weld a frame inbetween them...

·
Registered
104 Posts
when i got my license i was 4' 10''.now i 5'6''.so i know how it is.

i was scared of the airbag so i pulled it out for a momo wheel.

also my friend vinn would force me to sit further away from the airbag.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts