ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My '99 10th AE has a lot of rust. Thankfully, the chassis is not affected and its mainly on the fenders and on the rocker panels.

The previous owner included a set of CarbonMiata's fender flares. He intended to use these to cover up the rust, but he never got around to it.
Now I'm wondering if it's a good idea to use these flares. I'm looking for a new set of wheels, so I'd have more options if I'd install the flares, but considering that my car is basically stock I think it might be a stupid idea anyway to use wide tires.

Anyone got some ideas / recommendations? Would you install the flares and buy wider tires or try to repair the rust in another way and stick with regular wheel sizes?

These are the fender flares: Fender Flares (Short Version) For Miata NA/Mk1 and NB/Mk2 – The Ultimate Resource for Mazda Miata Parts

And here's my rustbox (the other side is a bit worse):

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
R U ?
7,430 Posts
gross fender flares for the NB. throw them away or sell them at the nearest autozone parking lot.

get this: Widebody Kit (Overfenders + Bumper) For Miata NB/Mk2 – The Ultimate Resource for Mazda Miata Parts (carbonmiata.com)
or these Rear Overfenders Type 3 For Miata NB/Mk2 – The Ultimate Resource for Mazda Miata Parts (carbonmiata.com) (requires some thought on how to get it to flow with the car)
or these Jet Stream GT200 Widebody Kit For Miata MX-5 NB | REV9 (rev9autosport.com) (you can order just the rear if you ask)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gross fender flares for the NB. throw them away or sell them at the nearest autozone parking lot.

get this: Widebody Kit (Overfenders + Bumper) For Miata NB/Mk2 – The Ultimate Resource for Mazda Miata Parts (carbonmiata.com)
or these Rear Overfenders Type 3 For Miata NB/Mk2 – The Ultimate Resource for Mazda Miata Parts (carbonmiata.com) (requires some thought on how to get it to flow with the car)
or these Jet Stream GT200 Widebody Kit For Miata MX-5 NB | REV9 (rev9autosport.com) (you can order just the rear if you ask)

You're right, compared to those the fenders I have look like ****. Especially the carbonmiata widebody kit, god damn that is nice...

Anyway, I think these fenders look great but it's a bit extreme for a relatively stock car. For now I'll have to be creative with a welder, grinder and paint, but maybe in the future.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts