ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Cool. I need to pick up a copy since I was there. Do they have any pictures of CR.net members or just the cars? I heard that Steve (13bturbomx5) got some featured coverage of his rotary NB.

Mazdasport magazine has been newly relaunched and they've only published a few issues under new management. It would do us all good to support them by purchasing subscriptions or issues at the newsstand (I don't know which is more profitable for them). Even if you don't agree with all the content or editorial direction if the magazine gets enough support to stay in business those other issues can be addressed in time. This magazine is hungry for content to deliver to interested readers. A Roadster only magazine probably wouldn't survive in the USA but a strong Mazda / rotary magazine with dope Roadster content just might. Let's help them out by giving them something worth printing!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
So Barb Beach isn't involved anymore? Who owns it now?
My understanding is that she is not part of the magazine any more. Hopefully everyone involved in any drama related to the demise of the national Miata club and change in publishers can put their politics aside and make a killer Mazda magazine for enthusiasts.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.php?p=1994927&postcount=25
rdouthit said:
Barbara focused on subscriptions in the last year. Not totally ignoring newsstand, but not doing a lot with it either. Now that I've taken the reigns as publisher, I'll be expanding the newsstand/bookseller presence as I've had some successes in that channel.

To go with this, the magazine is expanding back to 84+ pages and changing to a "perfect bound" spine. Those changes you'll see in this next issue, which is on press today. Editorially, we're also going to add more features on owners/enthusiasts and thicken up the tech content.

We're also going to shop for a new Miata Project car soon--should have kept my NA from the Driving Sports Magazine era. :p

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The question is, though, is she involved at all?

And I hope the publisher has a good editor, seeing as he misspelled "reins." :p

I can't wait to see how the new one turns out. I won't subscribe for a while, since I got burned 3 too many times before (Barb says she gave everybody their issues they paid for, but I paid for Ragtops and Roadsters and only got *one* issue), but I will at least look through it at Barnes and Noble and make sure it's worth buying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts