ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got an email from Bill Warner of MiataRoadster.com to check the hub i recently purchased. And to think, I just installed my new wheel and all...

·
Registered
105 Posts
WTF? Is there a problem with one or a batch of them

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WTF? Is there a problem with one or a batch of them
per the message in its entirety:

Dear MiataRoadster customer,I'm writing to you because within the past six months you purchased a Works Bell 909T or 910T steering wheel hub from MiataRoadster.I've sold hundreds of Works Bell steering wheel hubs for years without incident.Yet, in the past couple of weeks, I've received five reports of the machined cast aluminum 909T and 910T hubs developing cracks. At your earliest convenience, please completely remove your Works Bell hub from your steering column and carefully inspect the areas around the splined center hole that goes over the steering column, the areas around the two small holes for the turn signal return mechanism (AKA clock spring) pins, and the sides of the body.See the attached pic showing the type of cracking that you should check for.If you do find any cracking, please immediately discontinue use of the part and return to using your stock steering wheel, if you have it handy.Take pics of your damaged hub, send them to me, and I will make arrangements with you to return the part at my expense for an equivalent value replacement part.If your inspection finds no issues, I believe that you're safe to re-install the hub.Be careful not to torque the nut holding the hub to the steering column to any more than 25 foot-pounds or 29 Newton-meters.Please let me know what you find, in either case.STAY TUNED

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine is cracked there too actually. I replaced it with a momo, I thought mine was just due to old age, as it is of unknown age, but Ive had it since february and noticed it was cracked when I checked it recently.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The one in the second set of pics doesn't look like a WB hub... Compare to first pics...?

Wondering if this could be caused by improper torquing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts