ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, bought a new CF HT from Chase Aerodynamics for 800, it came with a window kit, seals and strikers at no additional cost. Unfortunately fitment is crap. I've tried to contact them a few times but they've stopped attempting to help me (maybe this thread might get them to).

Unfortunately the thing leaks from the sides where the top meets the body, the sides right by the door windows...and right above my radio. It also leaks on the back window but that is my own fault for messing up the window install, fixable with a new window and if need be with some clear silicone and those are just drips. The part right above my radio is my main concern as just washing the car lets a good amount of water in, and the whistling at speeds above 40 mph is horrible too.

Another issue are the striker bolts where the stock latches would go. Each striker comes with 3 bolts you use to hold it down to the top, using the stock torx bolts to hold the striker to the car, 2 of the bolts came with the top will no longer stay in, they fall out. They don't twist in like a regular bolt, you push them in now, yes originally they went in like regular bolts. The other two on each side are fine...oh wait that's not completely true. On the driver's side one of the bolts is starting to do the same thing. Pretty soon if this continues there will be only 1 bolt holding the driver's side latch down...but how long before that one starts to do the same thing? I believe I bought the top around August of this year mind you...

When I originally got the top all 6 bolts went in just fine, normally. There was still fitment issues though which I tried to work out with them, eventually they stopped emailing me. I went through their site to start over again and got someone else to start helping me, he hasn't replied since my last email. It's really frustrating, but I was promised a new top that is molded from an OEM one, but lighter, I should have just bought and OEM one, would have been around the same price.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Yup. They're mostly junk. Sorry you got a bad one dude. Where are you located? Maybe someone can help you get it fitted better. Chaser is gone from this site, so don't expect anything from them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
What else is new sounds like them.

·
Banned
692 Posts
You should read the forum they had when they had people here chime in on there products it was not pretty. Club roadster here said they did not want them here, I love there lip spoiler buy jeeze 170$ to ship a lip spoiler from ca to az and the lips 200$?

·
<3s Malaking Puwit.
581 Posts
Yup, there is a reason why they're not sponsors here. Their customer service sucks. And 8 times out of 10, the product has poor fitment and/or finish. Its not only the miata aftermarket scene where they don't deliver, its every single scene they have their hands in.

http://www.bbb.org/Chaser Aero

The sales rep would rather ignore the problem until it goes away. Instead of doing what a decent business would do to make the customer happy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O wow wasn't expecting these many responses so quickly, didn't know they were made in China either. I'll definitely file with the BBB but not sure how much that would help as I used to work for an electronics company before who had to just send a letter to the customer apologizing to appease the BBB, I don't want a letter lol.

I'm hoping for the same thing Fred

·
Supporting Member
12,265 Posts
You won't find any solution from Chaser to your problems and complaining won't get you anything but sympathy from others who have been screwed over by them. Basically, you're on your own as far as getting the thing to work. Would be fine for a time attack car in Socal where it hardly ever rains but this isn't a good top for anyone with a daily driver. If the threaded inserts for the mounting hardware are spinning or falling out of the top then you'll need to use epoxy to get them to stay put. Just be sure you don't get any epoxy inside the threads themselves or you'll never be able to run a bolt through it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. Most people here could have told you to stay far away from Chaser. Quick searches online about the company also net a lot of complaints about product quality. I spent a lot of time and $ trying to fix the hood I bought from them. At the end of the day, it still fits like ****, but it is a hell of a lot better than it was. Try to fix the latches and get it to fit as best you can.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've thought about offering a service to fix chasers tops, but once you account for shipping us the tops and shipping them back you would have a stupid amount of money into it. How much did you pay chaser for shipping? If you dont mind picking up at a greyhound depot you could probably ship one of these across the US for under $75. What are the window seals on the tops like? To the OP... pm me your email address. I'd like to see some pics and if something can be done.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I've thought about offering a service to fix chasers tops, but once you account for shipping us the tops and shipping them back you would have a stupid amount of money into it. How much did you pay chaser for shipping? If you dont mind picking up at a greyhound depot you could probably ship one of these across the US for under $75. What are the window seals on the tops like? To the OP... pm me your email address. I'd like to see some pics and if something can be done.
Very nice of you. Willing to fix a competitors shitty product.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
sorry to hear about the continuing trouble.

to the OP, most tops, factory included, usually need some adjustment. the problem you are having with the center is fairly common.

loosen the hardware attaching the front latches and have someone from the outside press down on the center, at the leading edge of the top. tighten the hardware. it can also help to have someone pushing the top forward from the rear of the car.

i had to do this to my oem top. I had the same leak in the front when I first got it. no problems since.

good luck!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts