ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I was in an accident. I was pulling out of a Walgreen's and a garbage truck was pulling in and i didn't see the car behind him, pulled out and BAM!!! My estimate is $2000-$3000. So then my aunt finds out and tells me that she didn't realize I was in such a small "unsafe" car (keep in mind I had absolutely no injury). She tells me that I HAVE TO sell the miata and get something bigger and safer(love her to death but am so upset about this). She said that she will help me buy whatever within reason, so I need some ideas. I do want to be able to autox and it must be either rear or awd. Please make this tragic moment easier on me by only coming up with positive ideas and don't make fun of the accident(I shouldn't have to worry since this is not m.net) I was thinking an 89' BMW 325is.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The bmw would be balla. Do you have pics? With price like that I would part it out. If it is a 1.6L i would like the motor and tranny. =)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The bmw would be balla. Do you have pics? With price like that I would part it out. If it is a 1.6L i would like the motor and tranny. =)
^haha wasting no time at all!

but i agree, it'll probably be worthwhile to part out. and an e30 was be balla. i'd love to get one of those some day soon, but then i'd have too many similar (in purpose, at least) cars.

glad you're not hurt. is insurance going to take care of the other person?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, my insurance is taking car of the other person who I am kind of friends with (sucks) anyone no anywhere besides autotrader to look for an e30? and if not the 325is which other are really good. I read in grassroots Motorsports that the 325is is the best but theres only one on autotrader and it is sold.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
VOLVO 240 Turbo! BALLER!!!!! and a SLEEEEEPER.

or a 85-86 Dodge Caravan Turbo. Some models came in 5 speed and would be hella fun to screw around with people in. Then again, you probably cant autox a van to well.

again, older impreza, 240sx, bimmer,volvo 240, infiniti q30(i believe the early 90's were RWD), Celica All-trac.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Keep in mind that safety is key here. So 240sx and mr2 are out unfortunatley.
The 240 is way bigger then the miata, and I would guess the MR2 is probably way overbuilt (look at how heavy it is for its size). Both are also coupes so they are safer. I wouldn't count them out.

Look up crash test info and use to to your advantage.

·
Registered
341 Posts
first wanna say glad you're ok.

as for a replacement.....?

I would suggest a Celica they're really good cars or would say an Impreza! The handling characteristics are great on the impreza and the best part its safe too! And they're both reasonable cars too. Hope that helps.

Edit: I was also thinking about integras or preludes, they're bigger and bit more sports like. I really depends on what you're looking for or want.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So my dad said that no matter what price my aunt says, I should go $8500 tops. I found a 2.5 rs for this price but a cocky kid at school has the same car in the same color(Blue). I want it bad, but I want to be different. Damn this is hard. thanks for the help. keep it coming =D>

·
Registered
341 Posts
So my dad said that no matter what price my aunt says, I should go $8500 tops. I found a 2.5 rs for this price but a cocky kid at school has the same car in the same color(Blue). I want it bad, but I want to be different. Damn this is hard. thanks for the help. keep it coming =D>
the 2.5 rs is by far one of my favourite cars. You could always customize your's to stand out in your own unique way, then again if its not too much of a pain you could have it repainted. There's tons of options. though speaking of 2.5rs there's a silver one sitting over at a dealership near by....very nice car if i had the money i'd pick it up. But i'm saving for a set of IRTBs :mrgreen:

Edit: btw noah thats one nice 2.5rs =D>

1 - 20 of 41 Posts