ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I'm a stupid 17 year old and didn't listen to everyone's warnings. I was on my favorite mountain road a couple of days ago and wasn't leaving enough margin for poor road conditions so I lost it.

The corner was off camber and incredibly dirty... I was oversteering, countered to full lock, went off on the wrong side of the road, went down a drop of about four feet, rolled end over end then side over side, came to a stop on all four wheels, ran to safety, and the car was on fire in a matter of seconds. Luckily nobody was hurt, my face is just very swollen.

Here are the pictures so you guys can rub it in... #-o

Nothing left of my pride and joy. It will be months and months of work and no play at my income but I will be back in the seat of an NA one day.

Be safe everybody and don't let this happen to you. Get a roll bar if you drive hard, and always leave a bit of a margin so you don't inevitably wreck on roads where surface conditions are always an unknown variable.

·
Registered
559 Posts
:shock:

I'm sorry that happened. It is a good thing you got out in time.
I see you took your camera out in a matter of seconds to get some action shots. I would have done the same.
I'm getting a rollbar ASAP.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
that sucks, at least no one was hurt.

why does it have different wheels after getting burnt?

kevin

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
OMG......Dude im happy your alive and in good health. Holy crap you could have been screwed on so many levels physically.

·
3,542 Posts
Wheels look the same to me, the powdercoat was burned off! Did the hood melt???

Sorry to hear about the accident, but am glad you're OK.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Aluminum melts far sooner than steel does, so yeah, the hoods on our cars melt.

That sucks really, really bad. I hate seeing car fires like that, because no matter how hard you think about it, there is nothing on that car that will ever be useable again. It makes me want to go out and drop some cash on a quality fire extinguisher. Thank God you're alive, though. What's your insurance company saying about the entire deal?

SITM, what road were you on?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm very sorry, you had a nice car. Thankfully you are alright.

My days of blasting down canyons are about over. When you drive you take calculated risks. I've experienced enough and seen enough to see that playing with traction in those circumstances is a big risk indeed.

With that said im not an old man, I just like everybody else threw caution to the wind at one point. I think its a necessary part of maturing as a driver, you have to take the risks for yourself and make your own decisions about what is acceptable. Its a phase everybody goes through, the lucky ones get away with out anything serious happening. Even though your car is a total loss I think you still got away lucky.

Get back in the hot seat as fast as you can!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dam, it was such a nice looking car too. :cry:

Thanks for reinforcing the mindset of keeping it safe of driving on twisty roads.

You're not stupid for doing it, you just made a mistake at least you learned a lesson from it.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts