ClubRoadster.net banner
221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
life is bitch!
2,311 Posts

·
Stoly's Best Man
407 Posts
A guy at the Aprilia dealership near me bought a '77 Ferrari 208 and the motor blew within 40 miles. It would cost more than he paid for the car to rebuild it, so he's pretty far along putting a Prelude H22 in it. I balked, but hey it does actually make more power...just very wrong noises.

·
life is bitch!
2,311 Posts
i was thinking about a blown up testarossa with a quad cam v8, maybe TT UZ?

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Best swap of all time. 2000 HP Koenigsegg CCX / Ford V8 swapped in to an old Ford Granada. The custom fab in this build is insane.

http://news.epicinter.net/build-thr...win-turbo-motor-to-a-tissue-box-ford-granada/
All I can find is 1260hp (listed in the video description from 2012, I know the chart looks like 1350 but there's no word on weather or not that was WHP), not sure where people are getting 2000 from. There's a speedhunters article that speculates up to 1700hp, but I could speculate 1700hp on my miata too. Seems like the boost will never be turned up and it will forever remain at 1260hp. Supras could eat this up and look better doing it. At least it's a cool looking engine. :?

·
life is bitch!
2,311 Posts
i'd rather drive this grenada than a mkiv supra. the ccx engine is pretty cool but on my budget a big single 2jz would be fine. like you said, it would make that power all day and cost a fraction of the ccx swap to get there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts of installing a 4.0 ford V6(explorer) in a Miata. I once installed a 2.6 (german capri) engine, same engine design and outward dimensions into a mgb. This engine/transmission combo was actually lighter than the four banger I removed. The cost was also less, because of the scarce availability of the cylinder heads which are prone to cracking. The perfomance was surprising, blew the doors off many a Z28. The car was a real sleeper!

·
life is bitch!
2,311 Posts
LT5 is only a quick swap away for that car ^

·
life is bitch!
2,311 Posts
i mean lt5. what other gen II sbc would be worth the trouble?

221 - 240 of 258 Posts