ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this is my first real build and im doing it with a car I have wanted for a long long time.. .to give a little background I have a 91 red Miata with 87000 miles on it. . no rust got it for a great deal and I see this car becoming something truly amazing one day. .so lets get into it.

I eventually will make a list of what I want and what my future plans are with this car as of right now there are endless possibilities with this which makes me change my decision daily. . so well just start with the small stuff.

A week after getting the car I plastidipped the wheels just to get a better look then the stock beat up gray hubs I originally started with.

Attachments

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
When I bought the car during the test drive the brakes went to the floor, which I didn't really think much of just because I knew the parts would be rather cheap for a Miata and I was willing to do the research to find it and fix the problem.. . So needless to say it came out to being the brake caliper on my driver rear side.. .it was not really a hard fix just a few bolts that needed to be taking off here and there and brake lines that needed to be taken out and everything. . I'm sure at the end of the day I just needed to replace the seals but I just said hey its $140 bucks to do both rear sides so I just did it that way instead which ended up being the problem.

Attachments

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a couple weeks after having that problem fixed I started to get more into the cosmetic side of my car which I bought a tougerun front lip and spoiler which were relatively easy to do after about an hour of work and trying to drill here and there I got both of them to work out and I feel fine with them I know some people aren't a fan but I prefer them. .I have recently tried to plastidip my door handles they didn't come out as clean as I had hoped so I took it all off, but I did replace my driver side beltline molding and my center console piece since they were pretty fugly from the start but nothing crazy. . all fluids have been takin care of thanks to Amsoil great stuff
photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_5.jpg .. .stay tuned there is much much more to come within this year alone. .let the savings begin!!!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing really to post about I have no money right now but jus replaced simple things like the interior lights to LEDs .. I also put a cubby in about my radio finally but still not flush yet ..

Future plans :
Coilovers
Tires and wheels
1.6L turbo set up
Paint job
Suspension for days
Steering wheel
Eventually start my 1.8L build
And much more .. Once I get my first check or two from my new employer I will be dropping some fat stacks

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
looking good so far what coilovers are you going to go with?

and if you haven't already read this http://www.miata.net/garage/crankshaft.html
Honestly have no idea as of right now before I got this car I was heavily involved in getting set up for an sti buy but i got a miata ... I saw some Megan racing ones that seemed to be decent from what I have read but if you suggest something else I'll can always take a look... And very interesting read that I have not read yet .. I have the short one so I need to get along one clearly

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Me??? lol I was there? unless you meant the pavs?
You were there huh I guess I meant someone else I just remember someone saying they were coming and never did . . You do anything new to your car recently since last time I saw it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
You were there huh I guess I meant someone else I just remember someone saying they were coming and never did . . You do anything new to your car recently since last time I saw it?
lol not really, some asshole tried to break into my car at work, so i'm trying to fix all the crap he did.

What part of Peoria are you by? we can probably meet up and work on our cars and chill.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol not really, some asshole tried to break into my car at work, so i'm trying to fix all the crap he did.

What part of Peoria are you by? we can probably meet up and work on our cars and chill.
Wow see that's why nobody can have nice things haha .. But seriously that's shitty what the try to take apart? .. And I'm literally by the 101 and thunderbird where you at?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow see that's why nobody can have nice things haha .. But seriously that's shitty what the try to take apart? .. And I'm literally by the 101 and thunderbird where you at?
right?! they tried to take off the corner window thing so all the rubber around it is fucked up. and i'm right at 59th and olive. we're not too far away from each other.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
right?! they tried to take off the corner window thing so all the rubber around it is fucked up. and i'm right at 59th and olive. we're not too far away from each other.
Not to far at all .. And that's pretty shitty at least they didn't just break the window and try and take your ht I would have been more pissed if that was gone that's for sure haha .. But right now I honestly don't have much to install until I get paid in 2 more weeks sadly

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not to far at all .. And that's pretty shitty at least they didn't just break the window and try and take your ht I would have been more pissed if that was gone that's for sure haha .. But right now I honestly don't have much to install until I get paid in 2 more weeks sadly
yeah i would of been pissed. get yourself some ht brackets or a lock asap man

1 - 20 of 707 Posts