ClubRoadster.net banner

681 - 700 of 729 Posts

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
CrzyBlack, I remember seeing your Miata rolling on the streets about a year ago. Glad to see your car still rocks.

Thanks man, eventually it will drive, hoping for April to drive it, almost have all that I need!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
So I got the body panels back on. Started putting everything in there, radiator hoses, etc.

More photo dump.

Got my jet stream headlights in and tucked the wiring beneath it

Then I got my custom waterneck installed on the back of the head!

Put some of the other panels on

Decided to put the dash back in. I realized there is only one spot that it would leak from if at all and that's not likely since it's a solid piece.

I needed some block of pieces for the AN lines I won't be using yet until the motor is broken in.

I ended up getting them from summit racing and I got a -4, two -6 and a -10 AN caps

This is where one of the coolant lines for the turbo is.

That leaves us to today. I now need a stock 1.6l header to break in the motor. Once I'm done with that and if that goes well then turbo it is!!

Still need to finish putting fluids in but I have that already and guess the driveshaft would be smart to put in too.

Almost there!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
So I didn't get a stock header, and decided upon installing to turbo and keeping the boost really really low to non-existent.

I was test fitting the AC compressor here to see the clearance with everything and so far it's good, we'll see once the lines are installed with a belt later

While I was testing that, I decided to test out my height clearance for the roll bar. (I don't think I ever did once installed)
We're good though.

Interior is pretty much together here.

Got everything installed, started doing my checks with everything. Torqued everything down and tightened everything. Got all the lines connected. I was getting ready to fill the car with fluid.

Filled diff, no leak
Filled transmission(partially)the hose I was using to transport he fluid popped off and sprayed transmission fluid everywhere and I didn't fill it to its 2.1 quarts as recommended, so more fluid will be needed there.

Filled oil, no leaks
Starting filling radiator, was expecting the AN connector to leak if anything but nope, I fill it for about 20 seconds and hear something hitting the ground.

I look under the left side and I have a little pinhole in my radiator.

I pulled the radiator immediately just in pure frustration and to get it done and submitted the claim later that night.

Put a damper on my plans cause I planned on driving that night or at least starting the darn thing. Now I am waiting for the lifetime warranty claim to hopefully go through and we shall see what happens.

I'll keep you guys posted as we go through the process. I just don't want to get more-16AN fittings and have them welded on a new one but I have a feeling that's a coming sadly.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
So Mishimoto denied the claim, which I figured they would due to the damage looks accidental, which it does.

So I talked to my dad and he suggested I take a risk on a Craigslist welder since it's already damaged anyways.
So I get ready as usual.

So far so good during fill up, we will see how it does under pressure.

So I fill the car, lean it back to get the radiator as the highest point.

Then I'm like, I can't win apparently and it ended up being my heater hose.... AGAIN!

So I go to O'Reilly's just wanting a normal hose to just hook it up and it was too kinked to use so I just bypassed the heater core for now and will do it another time honestly just want to drive it.

I won't need heat in this desert for a while anyways, so I kept moving on and tried to get the battery plugged in and turn the car over.

Well the battery was dead, so I get my old battery charger out, which is also dead.

That's where that night ends with the battery charger on the charger. (Couldn't find jumper cables at this time)

Less pics section:
So next day after work, I go out there prepared to just try and start it up. Checking everything again though nothing has changed.

Go to the back and the freshly charged battery charger on the battery and give it 30 minutes or so. Try and turn it over, nothing.

No gauges lightening up or anything. So I decided let me look for my jumper cables again. Found them and hook it up to the Speed3 and try and get it going.

Then the cables start smoking (cheaper cables) so I'm like well that ain't right, so I decided let's go to O'Reilly's they can at least charge it and see if it's even still good.

After 2 hours and 30 minutes of charging they call and say it's a bad battery.

Now I'm on the hunt for a cheap ass battery to get it going, or just borrow one and see if the car works before I spend $100 on something else.

I am currently looking through Craigslist ads as we speak, hope to be done with the little things at this point.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Do you not have a battery you can borrow from another car for a test run? I've found many standard car batteries will fit in a Miata if you remove the battery tray.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #691
Do you not have a battery you can borrow from another car for a test run? I've found many standard car batteries will fit in a Miata if you remove the battery tray.
I had 2 of these batteries, 1 I got from a buddy a long time ago. Then this one and both are shot.

I might use the Speed3 battery, but I may try and find a local buddy to steal a battery from for a bit.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
Got a good battery, even swapped the Speed 3 battery in. So I know it's not the battery.

I actually purchased a multimeter and tested starter connection and it showed 12.5 volts before trying to start.

As soon as I try and turn the motor over it the Volts drop down to 6, which is my problem.

I'm going to put the starter back in when I have some swivels cause otherwise with the -16AN line it's just annoying how long it takes to get that starter in and out.

I'm hoping it just wasn't fully connected, but I have a feeling it's going to be something electrical, but we will see.

When I took the starter out thinking it was that, I took it to Autozone to get bench tested and if it failed to replace it under warranty.

Well the starter passed with 13.4 volts flowing through it with no issues 3 times.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #695
Okayyyyyyyy..... ****... it's been a while since I've even looked at this thing... thanks Chad for the reminder this place exist haha.

Long story short, got the car diagnosed and I was an idiot and didn't feed the transmission input shaft into into the cluch correctly so it munched the teeth. Got a new clutch, fired up no problem.

So whoops....

Drove it for a little bit to break it in with no boost.... no leaks which was always nice, super low since I put the flares on and adjusted height.... driveable but not enjoyable for me.... too much worry.

.. had a little misfire while driving so I parked it until I could get the money for the full tune and life flipped around.

Probably some type of picture dump coming through when I can find everything again..... but now I live in California
Found some, if you follow my Instagram you've seen it all. Right now I'm focused on the speed3 and my career so far and it's been damn good!

Loading the trailer with a screwed up clutch disk is a pain in the ass

How low it is now unfortunately

Brought it home and immediately tore it apart

Rolled it back and got it ready to pull it all

The damaged goods

The finished goods

Made more cuts with rubbing issues and then parked it after driving it for a while

Life happened and I got a promotion and moved to California, the car remains in AZ until I can find a place to park it out here now. It still needs an official tune before I'm willing to beat on it myself, but it runs.

Sooooooo help me find a cheap shop to store this thing in Sacramento, k thanks!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Great to hear you are doing great, Dedin! Thanks for the update! :icon_cheers: Sorry Brutus got left behind and hope you can be reunited soon enough!

On the clutch, did you forget to use the alignment tool this first time around or? :dunno:

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #697
Great to hear you are doing great, Dedin! Thanks for the update! :icon_cheers: Sorry Brutus got left behind and hope you can be reunited soon enough!

On the clutch, did you forget to use the alignment tool this first time around or? :dunno:

I used the tool for sure, but when sliding the input shaft in, I apparently angled it in and just tightened down the transmission bolts to get it straight and it was a wrap after that.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
Sacramento eh? Have you tried hitting up Kenjo at GarageStar?
Latest response ever but no I actually haven't since I've been out here.

Long story short I am moving back to AZ so Miata shenanigans can continue again soon enough

681 - 700 of 729 Posts