ClubRoadster.net banner

701 - 720 of 729 Posts

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #702
One year later;) Glad to hear you will be getting back to Brutus, Dedin! :)
He's been sitting for some time sadly, so I assume I'll have some fuel related issue
Fuel pump, injectors need cleaning, tank?

Never got him up up but he did move under
TBT, but yeah, I'll be back in a few weeks :haiguyths:

Have to keep an eye out.
:bouncin:

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Haven’t updated since I moved back home.

Car starts and runs. Swapped injectors back to RX7 460’s and it’s idles again.

Thought I had injector dead time correct but clearly not, ill get to a tuner and let them sort that.

Went for a decently long hour drive on 303, and it’s fucking being open header.

Need to get straight pipe made and connected. Get to tuner and continue driving. Took it to a shop... tried to charge me $500+ for a straight pipe... cause he wanted to the flanges to match....listen here bud, ain’t gone happen.

Leaked some coolant so I need to find the source and can go from there. Hoping it wasn’t the welded spot but gotta pay to play

That’s all I got.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #705
Sounds like fun old/modded car problems :(
Yeah basically... been sitting for so long, so it’s nice to actually drive the thing around

Got some bugs to work out but when don’t you, right

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #708
**** it’s been a while huh, well not much to update other than starter getting stuck issue was fixed.

Got the car put back together again, hood pins are on, along with headlights and all.

Got a turbosmart BOV just for more reliability than the eBay one I had bought years ago.

Just saving at the moment for a proper tune and that’s about it

Some pics

At this point since I’m on standby and the car drives well, I have a cut rear bumper and want to cut the tuckin99 so it doesn’t hang off a lot, but debating on the line of cutting I guess. Other than that, this is current again.

Going to swap oil to normal again instead of break in, crossed the 500mile mark a little while back and it’s time for some actual boost.

Probably swap springs cause I couldn’t tell you what I put in there years ago now, and do flush of radiator and all (no overheating) but just as precaution from sitting for some time.

Okay now we’re updated.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
At this point I’ve swapped springs but only issue I’m having before proper tune is overboosting.

10lb spring in but easily going over and hitting boost cut when I attempt to floor it.

Gonna start looking for some vacuum leaks, but moved the wastegate vacuum source from the turbo housing itself and just using spring pressure.

So I’ll do my research as to why but if anyone’s got thoughts, throw them out there!

Old spring

I also recently tired to hook up a VTPS bmw sensor, did what I believe to be correct soldering on Megasquirt, but still doesn’t appear to be working, moved the cables on the sensor but no go.

Not sure what I’m missing there

But besides the overboosting, Brutus is back and reliable!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #713
Great to see Brutus up and running, Dedin! Hope you and the family are doing well, don't be a stranger!
Thanks man, doing damn good honestly, no complaints here really.

driving is fun, just doing maintenance now that I have some time

Im around now that I have a car again!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
Got in the garage the past couple days for about an hour or so each

My motivation is really kicking in with this quarantine we’re in.

Anyways, got a extra fuse box for accessories and such, just tucked behind the radio but need to find a solid mounting point for it.

The other day I swapped the wastegate spring to what I thought was basically a 5 psi spring but it’s getting me to 13 psi... but it works and holds at WOT

Got my radio working again too... gonna work on a couple things this weekend... installing COPs (Fab9Tuning kit) and maybe getting EBC installed too since I’d like to be able to hit 20ish psi when on the dyno

Just glad I can floor it and actually hear the wastegate open successfully! I had to grind down the tab a little on wastegate dump to attach to oil pan to keep it from rattling, otherwise it sounded like the worst kinda knock

Need to flush the radiator too so plenty to keep me busy!

Need to raise the rear a little too

That’s it for now!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
Raised the rear a bit, feels better currently driving and hitting bumps

Got my radio installed finally with a surround so it looks complete after years of having this car.

Didn’t start the Fab9Tuning COP install, decided to use Toyota COPS instead and will just make my own harness instead.

I had a spare igniter and pinned everything to the connector itself as the instructions said and will get things connected in the future once they show up.

I did have a weird issue though, went to start the car and it wouldn’t start previously

When connecting laptop to MS and looked in debug logs it showed “conflict with idle-up input pin”

It did this for a while, and it was set already to On using Flex... so not sure why that was happening but it prevented me from starting the car

I tested the port a few times and it seemed to reconnect but if anyone knows more shed some light, have a feeling it may come back.

Excited for to get a proper tune going! Going to make more room in front flares this weekend and get an alignment hopefully soon and that’s that for now!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #716
Got an alignment finally, I’ll have to take a pic of the specs later and upload but it’s like -1.5 camber up front, and -3 in the rear being as close to 0 toe as possible

As always with lowered cars it’s fun getting up there

Also flushed my radiator cause it’s been sitting for years and it was doo doo brown, all seems well right now.

Going to start working on the Toyota COPs maybe this weekend

Got the plugs
Resister
Capacitor
Wires

Just waiting on my connectors to show up and I can get started.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,852 Posts
Not sure if it's your thing, but I quit running rear camber bias years ago and haven't looked back.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #718
Not sure if it's your thing, but I quit running rear camber bias years ago and haven't looked back.
Nope not really my thing, I’ll most likely go back and try and pull some of the rear out and more up front after seeing the SuperMiatas alignment recommendations

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #719
Working in the car a bit... ive been driving a lot cause I took the speed3 out of commission for a week or so.... (ball joint/arm) replacement and waiting on parts for it

Just finally got it back up today!

Regardless just been enjoying it but this heat is killing me! Regardless been driving well with honestly no complaints, put the front flares on as well... when I get the alignment re-adjusted I’ll adjust the caster as well cause it’s a bit too far back but trimmed flare to fit

It looks fuckin great to me honestly!

Also went out of town for a bit, rented a RZR 1000XP... and now I want one!

(Majestic)

Anyways, finally got my order of electronics in so I could start on the C.O.P.’s and got pretty far just need to finish the adapter piece so it’s plug and play then I’ll test it

Side note, set official tune date for the 16th of June at UMSTuning.... few things to do then we’ll be good to go!

701 - 720 of 729 Posts