ClubRoadster.net banner

721 - 729 of 729 Posts

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
Finally found the time to get my COPs installed. Pretty straight forward, but the first harness I made just wasn’t the right gauge wire.

So I did it again and all is well.

Finish the plug and play for 1.6 since I had a spare igniter

Now that they work I can finish up the look of the harness

I’ll just be doing a once over again for everything before the tune day and bring some extra parts and we should be ready!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #722
Got my first ever professional tune completed.

Things I learned:

-Time is money
-Make sure you’re absolutely ready to go before you’re there
-Have EBC setup before hand

So background:

Mods:
-Wiseco Forged Rods: 78.5mm/8.5.1
-Manley Forged H-Beam rods
-Supertech Valve Spring Kit: dual springs 49lbs
-New Stock Oil Pump
-Supermiata 6 puck clutch: rated for 340ft/lbs of torque
-460cc Rx7 injectors
-3.9 ratio torsen diff
-Stock 5 speed transmission
-GT82 Turbo, w water lines
-External gated, with Tial 38mm
-Turbosmart Raceport BOV
-Running 10lbs off wastegate pressure

Dyno info:
212hp, 175 tq

Since this is my first time doing this ****, I felt it went well, learned some things, and KNOW there’s more power.

Problems:
MAP sensor was reading about 40-50kpa higher than normal throughout, so I had them tune around it for now until I get a replacement and go back.

Wants:
-New 3 bar MAP sensor
-Flex fuel sensor
-Deatschwerks DW300c FP
-EBC (hooked up and running)
-Another dyno day

Positives:
-Nothing blew up
-No leaks
-Drove it there and drove it home
-Drives a billion times better
-Feel ready time actually get it on the track and find more problems!

Only took 7 years, that’s all!

OH old news, I had an oil feed come loose during dyno prep literally 2 days before.

It caught flames, always ALWAYS have a fire extinguisher, literally saved my ass.

Turbo blanket was soaked, it was quite a site to see with all the smoke behind me but I cut it off and saved the motor too.

Washed all the oil off and tightened the fitting and drove home that night with no issues.

Never a dull moment haha

·
Mufasa in Training
32,857 Posts
OH old news, I had an oil feed come loose during dyno prep literally 2 days before.

It caught flames, always ALWAYS have a fire extinguisher, literally saved my ass.

Turbo blanket was soaked, it was quite a site to see with all the smoke behind me but I cut it off and saved the motor too.

Washed all the oil off and tightened the fitting and drove home that night with no issues.

Never a dull moment haha
To quote a friend of mine: it's better to have a good story than a good time.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
To quote a friend of mine: it's better to have a good story than a good time.
You’re not lying there!

Literally saw smoke coming from the hood but it was small and figured it was finger prints.

Then I drove further and looked behind me and it was just clouds!

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
Well some things have been purchased.

-Flex fuel sensor
-Deatschwerks DW300c FP
-EBC

Good news:
-MAP sensor was set incorrectly in MS, works now

Bad news:
-Need retune for wrong setting of MAP sensor
-Leaking oil somewhere by the oil drain, it was a loose drain bolt as best as I can tell (easy fix), put new gasket on and tighten back up, not sure how it came loose, time to blue loctite everything

-Want brakes and to drive on twisty roads

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
Found my oil leak, simple one it would seem, valve cover bolts were loose. Not sure if they came loose or I didn’t tighten them all the way!

Got the oil changed up and we’re good to go.

Now time for the boost controller

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad to see it up and running. I had not a smooth tune story. I showed up to Tony’s and lost an injector as I arrived and had to be towed him. But he was a rockstar when I came back.

Get the boost controller?

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
Glad to see it up and running. I had not a smooth tune story. I showed up to Tony’s and lost an injector as I arrived and had to be towed him. But he was a rockstar when I came back.

Get the boost controller?
Ahhh that’s super unlucky.... I did indeed get my boost controller but I had it hooked up wrong since I have DIY PNP... but unfortunately I pulled my transmission again

rear main leak... even though I replaced it years ago and just recently got the car running... maybe too much crankcase pressure before I got my catch can setup properly?

Either way, there was a noise I couldn’t find either that was related to driveline noise so I figured let me drop it, replace the seal, make sure clutch is good and throw it back in.....

Hoping to find a 6speed though so I don’t need to do this **** again.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #729
Been a little while.... kept hearing a noise while the car was under load.

It was definitely drivetrain related, just sounded like a rattle but couldn’t put my finger on it, also thought I solved my oil leak and that was a lie.

So decided to drop the transmission.... partly to force myself to buy a 6 speed so I didn’t have to do this **** again.

So I bought a 6 speed from Ulrik. Need to put it all in but rear main seal was replaced and it was leaking at the bottom.

Just need transmission jack to put the 6 speed in and away we go, hopefully without the rattle.

Just need to rebuild the shifter, and I think the reverse switch or neutral switch, got the fluid already, now just need time to knock it out.

Failed miserably putting it in with normal jack and said I’ll just wait.

Then actually put the EBC in and flex fuel.

Since I’m not familiar enough and these cars are old, I assume a non-oem fuel filter will be necessary or does it not matter? I’ll do research but just things I’m thinking of.

721 - 729 of 729 Posts