ClubRoadster.net banner

101 - 120 of 725 Posts

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Now that you got the soft top off, all you need is a Sawzall.
And that's what I gotta get my hands on sometime soon .. I would like to get that on before the end of September but it's gonna be a busy next couple of weeks of work

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
You can rent one from Home Depot for next to nothing since you will only need it for a few minutes.
I guess I just need to make the marks to see what I need to cut.. And if I get it from Home Depot I think ill have to take it somewhere to make the necessary cuts .. You know measure twice cut once haha

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Here are some more photos from the seats me and squidy put in, with the oem seat sliders that we destroyed and drilled holes in . .i also got a new wheel as well

Here are the seats that i couldnt post before

Here is one installed

and here is the new griproyal wheel

·
Registered
848 Posts
The cars look so much cleaner without the soft top! If only we could guarantee no rain....

A slight rain is the best driving weather when you have no roof. When I see it starting to sprinkle, that is when I jump in the car and go. So nice.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
A slight rain is the best driving weather when you have no roof. When I see it starting to sprinkle, that is when I jump in the car and go. So nice.
Haha care to explain why haha. .ive never really been a fan of water sprinkles hitting my face making me feel like im twitchy and jumpy

·
Registered
365 Posts
While I agree with you, a light sprinkle turns into a monsoon without notice. And then you're just fucked.

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
If you are going a decent speed no water gets in the cabin.
I mean i did watch mythbusters and they did that whole going over 100mph thing and driving in the rain. . you stay dry cause of the bubble that it creates

but like kozy said. .when it sprinkles you just never know when its gonna **** bricks on you:lol:

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
those seat rails look nice.
ya they are pretty nice. .i didnt want to spend to much on getting them in there, so i just spent like an hour per slider to bang the absolute **** out of them till the top came completely off

once it did i grabbed a drill and pushed it back as far as it could on there and drilled holes.

onces holes were done, i bolted down the brackets it was a absolute perfect fit with the nut
had some confusion putting it in. .but eventually got it in there and its a warm hug everyday

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
More packages nothing crazy

I got an nrg hub qr soon .. More brackets for the other bride seat, royal purple lube, and gorilla snot a well

Sadly it's gonna be a week before I will have time to put brackets and nrg hub in .. Working a lot of hour lately

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Hey dude, how much did those seats run you? Were you able to mount them so they still slide back and forth?
It's def possible to do the sliding rails on stockers ... Just annoying and I'm not sure how far you will be able to move really... Ill show you a pic of the inside when I finish it up.. In the stockers there are some metal pieces that don't move that's gonna be the hard part if you want it to slide

Seats were $420 shipped just some eBay ones but I like em and they are pretty come honestly

·
Constantly Spooling
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Finally got that damn bolt out for the old seats ... I could t get one out everything else came out fine .. The perilous owner or someone put the wrong loctite on there so me norcould the old man get it loose.. We ended up stripping it ... And said screw it we cut the head off... And to our surprise we could just unscrew the threaded part with ease

No pics yet but tomorrow hopefully of damaged goods and both seats in finally I ran out of daylight

101 - 120 of 725 Posts