ClubRoadster.net banner

Crazyblackman's Black Baron

72K views 762 replies 52 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 · (Edited)
Well this is my first real build and im doing it with a car I have wanted for a long long time.. .to give a little background I have a 91 red Miata with 87000 miles on it. . no rust got it for a great deal and I see this car becoming something truly amazing one day. .so lets get into it.

I eventually will make a list of what I want and what my future plans are with this car as of right now there are endless possibilities with this which makes me change my decision daily. . so well just start with the small stuff.

A week after getting the car I plastidipped the wheels just to get a better look then the stock beat up gray hubs I originally started with.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
When I bought the car during the test drive the brakes went to the floor, which I didn't really think much of just because I knew the parts would be rather cheap for a Miata and I was willing to do the research to find it and fix the problem.. . So needless to say it came out to being the brake caliper on my driver rear side.. .it was not really a hard fix just a few bolts that needed to be taking off here and there and brake lines that needed to be taken out and everything. . I'm sure at the end of the day I just needed to replace the seals but I just said hey its $140 bucks to do both rear sides so I just did it that way instead which ended up being the problem.

Attachments

#3 ·
a couple weeks after having that problem fixed I started to get more into the cosmetic side of my car which I bought a tougerun front lip and spoiler which were relatively easy to do after about an hour of work and trying to drill here and there I got both of them to work out and I feel fine with them I know some people aren't a fan but I prefer them. .I have recently tried to plastidip my door handles they didn't come out as clean as I had hoped so I took it all off, but I did replace my driver side beltline molding and my center console piece since they were pretty fugly from the start but nothing crazy. . all fluids have been takin care of thanks to Amsoil great stuff
Vehicle Car Pink Vehicle door Automotive design

Car Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Product Technology Architecture Space Electronic component

Product Motor oil Fluid Water Liquid
.. .stay tuned there is much much more to come within this year alone. .let the savings begin!!!

#6 ·
Nothing really to post about I have no money right now but jus replaced simple things like the interior lights to LEDs .. I also put a cubby in about my radio finally but still not flush yet ..

Future plans :
Coilovers
Tires and wheels
1.6L turbo set up
Paint job
Suspension for days
Steering wheel
Eventually start my 1.8L build
And much more .. Once I get my first check or two from my new employer I will be dropping some fat stacks

#13 · (Edited)
Honestly have no idea as of right now before I got this car I was heavily involved in getting set up for an sti buy but i got a miata ... I saw some Megan racing ones that seemed to be decent from what I have read but if you suggest something else I'll can always take a look... And very interesting read that I have not read yet .. I have the short one so I need to get along one clearly

#23 ·
When I saw the title at first glance I read "crazblackman's red beard" lol.

Looks like you're of to a good start. Look into new bushings as well. They really tighten up the feel of the car. Good luck man!

#27 ·
Honestly I would just swap an engine. Would probably be easy and not cost a grand lol. Unless you swap in a 1.8 and supporting parts.

#28 ·
I hear ya my problem is if I'm gonna swap I want to get a built 1.8 which seems like its gonna be a while before that happens ... I see 1.6s for like 500 on cl but I guess I'm more concerned about how well those engines were kept up and if putting in one with a long nose which is better and a **** engine itself would be worth it in the end ya know... Idk just a lot to think about.. I asked the previous owner if he ever replaced the crank and he said he isn't sure so more then likely it's the short

#29 ·
#30 ·
How close are you to doing that swap over .. Loved to be there and stand there look pretty and learn a **** ton .. Haha and help as much as possible .. And ya I could be down for that might just take that crank out and replace the key and all that .. I'm assuming you got experience with all this ya?

#34 ·
#35 ·
Ya I read both of them for sure .. And I checked my crank pulley today .. No wobble... Happy dance moment ... Ok so It doesn't wobble thank god that would have ruined my **** day already ... I would want to replace the crank or do loctite either or just don't want a fudged engine so early on ya know but well see if it craps out it craps out I buy a new engine and find a way to get it in there .. Hopefully it's as easy as it sounds .. Bes start saving for a new built engine now huh haha

#36 ·
Got a cheap steering wheel just to get rid of that normal one ... $30 bucks for wheel and adapter seems cheap enough ... Don't mine the type Rs haha and squidy or Fart I got my brackets in for the hardtop so if either of you have that star tool I need to remove the old stuff that would be great

Attachments

#38 ·
car lookin' good. squid, saw ur car..hardtop is awesome. u can have my faded red one...i'll take your black one!

#49 ·
Ok so somewhat of an update there were some normal wear and tear on the shifter so I got that all replaced and since I got paid finally I changed my mind on coilovers right away I decided to get seats first so bride vios 3 should take care of that problem and in the next few weeks I should get the coilovers but I'm sure I'll find a way to spend money I don't need to

#94 ·
Ok so I jumped on the dildo wagon and bought one just to see what all the hype was about and I can understand it somewhat it does improve the shifting to make it feel easier just another thin I gotta get use to basically and this pic looks like **** but ill get another on one of these days

Attachments

#95 ·
So I had an impulse buy and got some bride vios 3 reps and finally got them in and I won't lie for not being the real thing they still feel better than normal seats just by sitting in them to begin with and for me being 6 foot 151 I'm not the biggest and these feel nice just gotta get some harnesses

#100 ·
That's what I'm saying man .. I would love to keep it off .. But our weather is like a girl .. Can flip at a snap of the fingers .. Ps got my rollbar just need the stuff to cut it.. Trying to find something to get it done with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.